An ‘emotional-support dog’ attacked him on a flight. He’s suing Delta and the owner.

LoveNDino
This topic is 1840 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I would like to see the airlines be found civilly liable and in violation of FAA regulations for exposing the passenger to unreasonable risk of harm and the owner found civilly liable and guilty of criminal battery and bringing a dangerous instrumentality onto a civil aircraft.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jet fuel prices may come done, but the airlines will NEVER undo all the cost cutting / profit inflating measures they now know they can get away with. That ship has sailed (pardon the pun).

Sorta, but not entirely.

For example, American just announced they're stopping the 'Oasis' project on their 737-8s because of extremely poor customer feedback.

https://onemileatatime.com/american-suspends-737-refresh-program/

Premium hard and soft product on airlines have never been better (premium economy, business, first). It's simply economy that's taken a backseat, and frankly, can you blame them? People expect far too much from their $300 coast-to-coast ticket.

They have no loyalty. They want steak on a bologna budget. The 'golden era' of flying worked for a variety of reasons that don't exist today- most importantly, the cost of a ticket then was much, much more expensive (even for coach).

I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I fly a lot. I'm a realist when it comes to my opinions on commercial air travel.

Sorta, but not entirely.

For example, American just announced they're stopping the 'Oasis' project on their 737-8s because of extremely poor customer feedback.

https://onemileatatime.com/american-suspends-737-refresh-program/

Premium hard and soft product on airlines have never been better (premium economy, business, first). It's simply economy that's taken a backseat, and frankly, can you blame them? People expect far too much from their $300 coast-to-coast ticket.

They have no loyalty. They want steak on a bologna budget. The 'golden era' of flying worked for a variety of reasons that don't exist today- most importantly, the cost of a ticket then was much, much more expensive (even for coach).

I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I fly a lot. I'm a realist when it comes to my opinions on commercial air travel.

To add a perspective from across the big pond, same pressures here, some similar some different responses. Of course, I don't fly anything like as much as you.

Most of the cost cutting is directed at reducing how much they can sell their cheapest tickets for. They want those low numbers so they won't wind back cuts even if their expenses fall. Rather than impose radical cost cutting measures, Qantas set up a low cost subsidiary, Jetstar, 15 years ago. The legacy airline (which contrary to some expectations has not been cannibalised by the low cost off-shoot) now has 'all fares include baggage, entertainment and food' as part of its pitch. Still its seats are closer together and less comfortable than they used to be, although seat pitch is better than Jetstar. Cabins are two-class (Y and J) on jets and single class on turbo-props, and there are two price-points in economy, discount and flexible, prices for both of which vary closer to flight date. There's nothing comparable to basic economy. Passenger loyalty is gone for most, although it's easier to be loyal when there are only two airlines to choose from.

As in the US, the premium product is improving and in some cases being increased. It's no return to the golden age, but you can buy more comfort although it ain't cheap. No free upgrades here for elite flyers but 5,000 points on SE routes, 10,000 coast to coast. They also have a business-class lounge as well as the regular one. Internationally, they have three or four class configurations. As I mentioned here a year or so back, Qantas are removing 30 economy seats from the upper deck of its A380s and replacing them with business and premium economy seating in their current refit.

Listen you guys better hope i never run for president because unless you are totally blind not a damned soul would be gettin on any plane with this bs.

I even heard they have snakes and peacocks now. Gtfoh and go talk to someone about your problems and stop wasting peoples time. Only in America smdh.