Ding Dong the Witch is Dead ...

SAdler
This topic is 6203 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

RE: Beware of mixing clothing with mixed fibers

> While I think cross dressing is fine, god clearly is concerned with the clothing we wear. Leviticus 19:19 condemnation of mixing wool and linen in the same garment makes that quite clear.

As does Leviticus 19:20, which condemns the wearing of white after Labor Day.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually 19:20 is:

If a man sleeps with a female slave who is promised to another man but who has not been ransomed or given her freedom, there must be due punishment. Yet they are not to be put to death, because she had not been freed.

But it wouldn't surprise me to see something about white and labor day in Leviticus because there is all manner of stuff in there such as:

27 " 'Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

And also some really cool things like:

33 " 'When foreigners reside among you in your land, do not mistreat them. 34 The foreigners residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Anyway Falwell didn't let his beard and sideburns grow and he seemed intolerant of foreigners. But I'm not happy that he's dead as I hoped he might someday admit the error of his ways. Yeah call me an insane optimist.

Raul

Guest zipperzone

RE: One less Charlatan! But the hatred remains.

>If Dobson and Robertson were to drop

>dead TOMORROW (of natural causes of course }() I wouldn't feel

>the least bit of remorse. I think the world will be much

>better as more of their ilk die off. Good Riddance

>MotherFucker!

Even if it was due to UN-natural causes it would still be reason for a celebration.

But let's not fool ourselves, there's a whole lineup of replacements bursting their gut to fill the vacancies.

RE: Defining self-righteous.

"Almost amusing to hear you of all people admonish others for being self righteous"

Well I guess that depends on how someone defines self-righteous. All I can say is:

There's nothing smug or pious about my morals and I'm far from intolerant of the opinions and behavior of others. But, just because I'm tolerant, that doesn't mean I agree and support all opinions and all behaviors.

When it comes to my work, I admit, I'm very smug. Without self-assurance, you can't swim with the sharks in business.

I realize the line is often a fine line. I stand by my post and my position on pious hate. Hate is hate and it's hurtful, whether it comes from a man cloaked in Reverand or a gay man cloaked in anger.

Echo

I have nothing really new to add here, more of an echo of what has been said.

This man preached hatred in so many forms that it is alltogether proper to note that. The impact of his ministry on thousands of gay men and women may never be fully measured. One lesson from the Bible that he NEVER learned was that you cannot love people while judging them. And yes, I am judging as well, but in my mind it is the impact of his ministry and his view of the Gospel that I am judging.

His impact on the straight world of believers may take years to offset because his brand of Gospel mislead so many believers. It will take generations to correct his hatred.

As for dancing, I am not very good, but I'll do a few quick steps without my boa, and then move on. Anything more would play into his sterotypical view of us as gays and simply make his impact last longer.

Guest ReturnOfS

Liberty U student plotted to set off explosives, police say

Liberty U student plotted to set off explosives, police say

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/22/va.bombarrest/index.html

Story Highlights

• Mark David Uhl's intended target is unknown

• ABC News reporting his goal: Ensure protesters don't disrupt Falwell funeral

• Uhl's family members called police, said he mentioned explosives

• Authorities found six explosive devices in 19-year-old Uhl's car

LYNCHBURG, Virginia (CNN) -- A first-year Liberty University student was arrested in what police said was a plot to detonate explosive devices Tuesday, the day of the Rev. Jerry Falwell's funeral.

Mark David Uhl's intended target is unknown, authorities said.

ABC News reported the youth told authorities he had made the bombs -- which were found in his car -- to stop protesters from disrupting Falwell's funeral. (Read the story about Falwell's funeral)

Police received a call about 11 p.m. Monday from one of Uhl's family members, who said they had talked with him and he had "mentioned some explosive devices he had made," said Maj. Steve Hutcherson of the Campbell County, Virginia, sheriff's office.

Authorities found in Uhl's vehicle "what appeared to be about six explosive devices" that had detonation devices with them, Hutcherson said. The homemade devices were canisters with some kind of liquid inside.

A Virginia State Police bomb squad was summoned to ensure the items were safe, he said.

Uhl, 19, from Amissville, Virginia, was arrested at the home of one of his friends in Campbell County, near Lynchburg, Hutcherson said.

He was being held without bond in the Campbell County Adult Detention Center on suspicion of manufacturing explosive devices.

"Anytime you have somebody with what appears to be explosive devices, you have to take that threat seriously," Hutcherson said.

RE: Liberty U student plotted to set off explosives, police say

>"Anytime you have somebody with what appears to be explosive

>devices, you have to take that threat seriously," Hutcherson

>said.

>

Truer words were rarely spoken... ;)

Guest zipperzone

RE: Liberty U student plotted to set off explosives, police say

>Mark David Uhl's intended target is unknown, authorities said.

>

>

>ABC News reported the youth told authorities he had made the

>bombs -- which were found in his car -- to stop protesters

>from disrupting Falwell's funeral. (Read the story about

>Falwell's funeral)

My understanding that his goal, had he used the bombs, was the Phelps clan. Hmmmmmmm Talk about mixed emotions.

>I hoped he might someday admit the error of his ways.

>Yeah call me an insane optimist.

OK, you're an insane optimist. :-)

One of the most surprising things wasn't Falwell's own cognitive dissonance, but how it seems to have been contagious. People like Jesse Jackson (no big surprise), Sharpton (bit more surprising), even to an extent Larry Flynt went on the tube mouthing pieties to the effect that, whatever the flaws in Falwell's beliefs, he was an okay guy because he was sincere in them. Etc.

Completely off-topic, the Deuteronomist gave us some gems as delightful as anything in Leviticus. My favorite:

He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD. Deuteronomy 23:1

Archived