Drama Desk Winners

This topic is 1822 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

he 2019 Drama League Awards ceremony was held May 17 at the Marriott Marquis Times Square.

The annual theatre industry event builds to the presentation of the Distinguished Performance Award, which goes to only one artist (53 were nominated this year) and can only be won once in an actor's lifetime.

This year, the award went to Network star Bryan Cranston. The actor was previously nominated for the distinction in 2014 for his Broadway debut in All the Way; he went on to win a Tony Award for his performance as Lyndon B. Johnson. Cranston is also currently Tony–nominated for his performance as Howard Beale in the Ivo van Hove–directed Network.

Four productions were also recognized in the additional competitive categories.

OUTSTANDING PRODUCTION OF A BROADWAY OR OFF-BROADWAY MUSICAL

Hadestown

OUTSTANDING REVIVAL OF A BROADWAY OR OFF-BROADWAY MUSICAL

Kiss Me, Kate

OUTSTANDING PRODUCTION OF A BROADWAY OR OFF-BROADWAY PLAY

The Ferryman

OUTSTANDING REVIVAL OF A BROADWAY OR OFF-BROADWAY PLAY

The Waverly Gallery

The 85th annual ceremony, also awarded honorary awards to current Kiss Me, Kate star Kelli O'Hara, Beeltejuice director Alex Timbers, and Gary playwright Taylor Mac.

@edjames - re the thread title:

The 2019 Drama Desk awards won't be announced for a couple weeks (June 2, I think).

Though the DramaLeague also considers Off-Broadway and Off-Off-Broadway (under specific circumstances), it's voting body is a mix of producer, audience and practitioner types, where Drama Desk voters are mostly critics, journalists and other publishing types. Similar in some ways but very different in others.