Ananda Spa - LA

JD87
This topic is 1173 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It used to be called Stars Body Center or something of that ilk, it was very hit or miss. A few times they had insanely hot latino guys working. The one time some random toothless old asian dude. If you try it let us know.

It used to be called Stars Body Center or something of that ilk, it was very hit or miss. A few times they had insanely hot latino guys working. The one time some random toothless old asian dude. If you try it let us know.

will do!

It's been mentioned in a few previous threads:

https://www.companyofmen.org/threads/m4m-spas-in-la.105475/

https://www.companyofmen.org/threads/los-angeles-spas-with-handsy-massuers.125016/

Most said it was mediocre. Google maps pulls up a not great street shot.

Yes, thank you for those. I did search but nothing was helpful so I decided to start this new thread. Also- none of the threads were specifically for this spa. Figured I would give it a try.

no pix of the masseurs is strange, but the prices r good

Maybe they have high turnover on their masseurs.

Maybe they are illegal immigrants.

Maybe they just want privacy.

Burke Williams doesn't have photos of their staff. Neither does Voda, West Hollywood or several other spas.

If looks are important to you over skill, there are other sites for that.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why did you give my post a thumbs down? Just reporting my experience.

@Ludo My husband is Asian, so I did not take to your description of the Asian man. If he really was totally toothless, then I withdraw my negative remark.

Edited by Lucky

@Ludo My husband is Asian, so I did not take to your description of the Asian man. If you could soften it up, I'd be glad to change it!

How is his description of a specific person offensive to you or your husband? If that was his experience that the guy was toothless and old? Should he not have mentioned Asian? I truly want to understand where you're coming from. Especially since many of the discussions of places like this include questions or statements on the ethnicity of providers. Or is your husband the toothless guy who works there? LOL

@big dale, it's a stereotype that old Asians are toothless. I didn't say it was offensive to my husband, he doesn't read the message board. But having a Chinese husband does make me think on posts like these.

If I overreacted, it's Ludo who deserves my apology.

Edited by Lucky

The yelp reviews for this place definitely have to give you pause. I don't see even a single good one. I can't ever remember seeing a score that low for a spa. Has anyone else who's actually been there got any more details about their experiences

@big dale, it's a stereotype that old Asians are toothless. I didn't say it was offensive to my husband, he doesn't read the message board. But having a Chinese husband does make me think on posts like these.

If I overreacted, it's Ludo who deserves my apology.

Only @Ludo can say for sure, but based on what he wrote I'm apt to assume if he wrote toothless it wasn't because of a stereotype, it was because the dude was toothless. Ludo get back here an explain yourself!!!

Apologies if anyone thought that was a racist slight. This individual is Asian. Older (over 60). And indeed missing very many teeth. He also spoke little to no English (or pretended not to is a possibility I guess.) It was a wild departure from my previous visits there and underscores one of the issues at that location- you don't get to meet or see your provider until you are already in the room naked and face down. @Lucky I hope that helps you understand the comment.