Has anyone experienced this before at Craigslist?

sizzlingrice
This topic is 6267 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

At 1 am, I got a voicemail message in my cell phone from someone I "supposedly" met on Craigslist but the name or the "also known as" name doesn't ring a bell. He asked me to stop calling, texting or emailing him otherwise he would report me to the police. I just shrugged it off and deleted the message as I have not done anything I was being accused of by that person.

This morning, I received a voice mail message from LAPD saying that the same person called them and complained about me, that I should stop calling, texting and emailing him otherwise, he will file sexual harrassment charges. The LAPD person did not leave his name, a call back number or what police station he was calling from.

I don't know who this person is and I did not do any of the things I was being accused of.

I have called LAPD, (and I got the number from the voice mail message to make sure it was really LAPD who called, it was the Ask LAPD number), and they told me not to worry about it as I wasn't doing anything. I also spoke to a real police officer and they said if the person who left the message did not leave his name, call back number or police station he was calling from, they can't do anything. He also advised me that if I am not doing it, don't worry.

I am just upset, scared and worried that I might be charged with something I didn't do.

Anyone had the same experience? Any other advise?

Sounds like the setup for a massive April Fool's joke.

Just when you're on edge, "officers" will show up at your door who turn out to be strippers.

No way in hell will a law enforcement officer leave an anonymous voice mail message. Just not gonna happen.

Archived