Patti Joins Twitter

This topic is 1823 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 1 month later...

Just scored a ticket to tomorrow night's Lincoln Center's Spring Gala Patti is the guest star.

This concert is a Special Event of the 2018–19 season. Tony, Grammy, and Olivier Award winner Patti LuPone returns to the New York Philharmonic to perform songs from her Tony Award–winning roles in Gypsy and Evita, as well as her other favorite roles from such shows as Sweeney Todd, Company, Anything Goes, War Paint, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, and Candide.

A fabulous concert with the NYPhil. Patti sang many of her "hits". At least 5 standing ovations throughout the concert and an acapella encore.

I was "surrounded" by celebs. It was a very gay evening. The guys sure do love them some Patti! Seated very close to me were Michael Urie, Andrew Rannells, Andy Cohen, Victor Garber, and a host of other gay men. The bars in NYC must have been empty.

Heaven!!!

A fabulous concert with the NYPhil. Patti sang many of her "hits". At least 5 standing ovations throughout the concert and an acapella encore.

I was "surrounded" by celebs. It was a very gay evening. The guys sure do love them some Patti! Seated very close to me were Michael Urie, Andrew Rannells, Andy Cohen, Victor Garber, and a host of other gay men. The bars in NYC must have been empty.

Heaven!!!

Tell me she belted out Rainbow High in the original key

The only tune from Evita was "Don't Cry For Me..."

She did do numbers from "Women On The Verge, "War Paint," "Sweeney Todd, " Gypsy," "Les Miz," "Robber Bridegroom," "Anything Goes," and of course, "Company" (she still throws the drink at the audience at the end!).

Here is a video clip of some of the concert highlights:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/videoplay/VIDEO-Highlights-From-the-NY-Philharmonic-2019-Gala-Honoring-Patti-LuPone-20190517

Of interest, for me, was Patti's duet "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" with downtown diva Bridget Everett, who I had never seen sing, but now my interest is perked and I'll look for future Bridget appearances.