Travel Buddy in Medellin, Colombia

DruJac
This topic is 1886 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey folks,

I am planning to visit another destination on my list of must cities: Medellin, Colombia. But after doing some research I am beginning to feel it would be too unsafe for me to travel alone there. Is anyone else here planning a trip to Colombia or willing to take the trip with me. I've read the posts here but any more information to put my mind at ease would help too lol.

Travel Dates:

June 7th - 14th, 2019

Hey folks,

I am planning to visit another destination on my list of must cities: Medellin, Colombia. But after doing some research I am beginning to feel it would be too unsafe for me to travel alone there. Is anyone else here planning a trip to Colombia or willing to take the trip with me. I've read the posts here but any more information to put my mind at ease would help too lol.

Travel Dates:

June 7th - 14th, 2019

Some of the guys here have hired locals as guides. I felt 100% safe everywhere but the rough area west of the cathedral.

Some of the guys here have hired locals as guides. I felt 100% safe everywhere but the rough area west of the cathedral.

Thanks for the reply! I am hoping that it is like Rio where most places are safe as long as you’re careful

Thanks for the reply! I am hoping that it is like Rio where most places are safe as long as you’re careful

Probably safer than Rio. Medellin is very "Mexican". The tourist area is great. The downtown, especially the main street Oriental, is safe. The street from Oriental to Club Tobi is fine. People who go to the dangerous area ( west of the cathedral) should expect trouble.