PS3 update

KeepItReal
This topic is 1877 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

After updating my PS3 to the most recent software version it seems to be malfunctioning. It requires me to set the time manually whenever I start it up, then keeps signing out of Playstation Network, which means Amazon app, Netflix app etc won't function. To crown it all, it is not recognizing the remote. What a mess! Has anyone ever tried rolling back an update? I suspect the apps will demand that you update your operating system to the most recent version so it may be a moot effort... Come on Sony, Make ME Believe!!!

• 4 weeks later...
After updating my PS3 to the most recent software version it seems to be malfunctioning. It requires me to set the time manually whenever I start it up, then keeps signing out of Playstation Network, which means Amazon app, Netflix app etc won't function. To crown it all, it is not recognizing the remote. What a mess! Has anyone ever tried rolling back an update? I suspect the apps will demand that you update your operating system to the most recent version so it may be a moot effort... Come on Sony, Make ME Believe!!!

It sounds more like a hardware problem as opposed to a software problem. Are you sure it was the software update? My PS3 died a while ago, I mainly used it as a media server, so replaced it with a Roku stick. Works perfectly for me and a lot cheaper, more enery efficient, than a new PS. Food for thought. ;)