Aqua Teen Hunger Force Bomb Scare.

Rod Hagen
This topic is 6319 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

RE: SUCK IT!

Granted I only have limited knowledge of explosives and those that chose to use them in destructive ways, but I do know there are many different profiles & motives of bombers. One being those that want to choose a device specifically to draw people in, then boom. There are some sick individuals out there. You must treat all suspicious devices with respect...no matter how harmless they appear.

And the container for the batteries was large enough to hold some serious explosives. It doesn't take a moving truck full of fertilizer to do some serious damage. Some dangerous things come in small packages.

While many may think Boston over reacted, I want to know why the other cities didn't react at all. I think Boston deserves some credit for the way they handled it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE: SUCK IT!

Maybe Boston doesn't get the same TV channels that the other cities get.:-) More than likely people recognized them for what they were in the other cities.

I am sure we have all seen on news programs where police have blown up discarded cardboard boxes, that have been left in malls or where have you.

RE: Who knew?

In San Francisco, one of the signs was placed over an art gallery on Clement Street where the owner enjoyed it for a few days, until it stopped blinking, and then took it down. No one ever called the police. It seems funny in retrospect.

But in Boston, some of the devices were hung near bridges and overpasses, which added to the perceived danger. And the folks in charge of protecting the citizens of Boston took a conservative approach.

In the U.S., the appropriate response to suspicious devices is still being worked out. Thankfully, we haven’t had as much experience as other countries have, and let’s hope it stays that way. At this point, I think it’s appropriate to air different views on what response is the best one. It's a dialogue that needs to take place. But it’s probably too early to judge those who take a different view from ours.

I'm glad we have the luxury of joking about it. For many in the world, it's not a laughing matter.

http://accordionguy.blogware.com/Photos/2007/02/ignignokt-never-forget.jpg

Electronic devise, wires and lights during the day over a train station, on a bridge and under a bridge...think about it.

At the same time as these units were being found there were two other devices reported a two hospitals in town. These devices were not related and 1 had a threatening note with it. No one knew if they were tied in together, possibly a diversion from the real thing, or a test to reaction time.

The 2 nitwits who planted the hoaxes were also seen and recorded video taping the first devise found and never said anything until 4 in the afternoon. The city was tied up with traffic all day. No deliveries, people late for work, ambulances held up in traffic and a huge inconvienence to all.

I only hope the ass with all the hair gets shipped back to Russia and the other guy who still has no remorse for the event gets jail time and huge fines that we know he'll never be able to pay.

Think about all the consequenses in your own town before you pass it off as no big deal and an overreaction

From what I gather from CNN, was that the two guys were going to call the police, about the signs.....but their boss told them not to.

So of course if the police were notified right away about the intent...then things would not have gone the way they did.

>Jim Samples, the former Cartoon Network boss, is a pussy x(

>

>Cartoon Network boss quits over bomb scare

>http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/09/news/newsmakers/cartoon_network/index.htm?cnn=yes

>

My guess is that he was asked to resign. (Which is a nice way of saying: "You're fired".) A forced resignation, probably comes without a severance package. Hopefully, he'll land on his feet. :(

Guest zipperzone

>My guess is that he was asked to resign. (Which is a nice way

>of saying: "You're fired".) A forced resignation, probably

>comes without a severance package. Hopefully, he'll land on

>his feet. :(

I would think that would depend on the terms of his contract. The article states that he had been employed there for 13 years. I sure as hell wouldn't walk away from 13 years without a fight to have some sort of payout - and if I couldn't negotiate it myself, I'd find a pitbull of a lawyer.

>I'm even more cynical.

>

>This smacks of a corporate PR gesture: "Heads must roll, yours

>will do. Publish a heart-felt resignation and report to the HR

>division on Monday for reassignment."

Or here is your golden parachute....have a soft landing.

Archived