2019 Grammy Awards

Smurof
This topic is 1917 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I thought they were so-so. The no surprise of the night - Katy Perry thinks she's hot shit and people should bow at her presence. It was about a tribute to Dolly Parton, who also sung. The surprise - Post Malone is a pretty good SINGER! He salvaged the Red Hot Chili Peppers from being lousy to being o.k. by performing with them.

The awards themselves weren't all that interesting. I LOVED Bob Newhart being there. I wished I put out a kick-ass solo album this past year to have the opportunity to meet him, as he presented best new artist 58 years after winning it. Beck won for something, but wasn't given an opportunity to accept, and Lady Gaga turned the song from "Star Is Born" (without Bradley Cooper) into a Queen / Kiss style rocker - weird, but for her, normal.

Alicia Keys hosted, and someone I was unfamiliar with, H.E.R., performed and was very good. Ricky Martin and Anthony from RHCP sported mustaches, and Shawn Mendes has huge biceps. If that isn't motivation to get into a gym religiously I don't know what is.

I loved the whole show.

Miley Cyrus duo with Shawn Mendes started the show off with a bang Loved them. Later she sang with Dolly Parton. Fantastic.

I loved Cardi B's acceptance speech, but perhaps I'm getting maudlin these days. Same for Casey Musgrave. How sweet! So glad they gave best album to Musgrave, real music, not performance art.

I didn't care much for GaGa's performance but I loved the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Was a tremendous treat to watch Dolly Parton perform After the Gold Rush. Same for Diana Ross, Reach Out and Touch,

The In Memorium got me all verklempt. I'd lost track of how many transitioned in the last year. Surprised to see Fantasia during the Aretha tribute. Always liked Fantasia.

Alicia Keys was a great host.

The one thing that gets me down at these LA award shows is when the winners thank Jeebuz or God (like Gaga did) yet I know just down the street are so many homeless people. I guess God didn't choose them.

Edited by E.T.Bass