Massage Pet Peeves

starman05
This topic is 1937 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest pet peeve (aside from a “masseur” who clearly doesn’t know what the hell he’s doing) is incessant talking. I don’t mind a bit of conversation, but I’ve been to some guys who talked and talked about everything under the sun, even when I told them I prefer the ambiance to be quiet and restful. One guy told me all about the problems he was having with his teenage daughter - then was annoyed that I wasn’t aroused at the end of the massage.

I see no issues with using paper towel after, seems like a real queen like thing to care about lol. I would prefer a towel but obviously that can get expensive and who knows if someone else used that

I would hope for sanitary reasons the sheets and towels are washed after each use. No one said they are looking for silk sheets and Egyptian cotton towels.

Edited by ontheroad

I've been receiving (and sometimes giving) massages for almost 30 years in cities all over the US and Mexico, using many masseurs multiple times, and I think my biggest peeve is when the masseur, after I have been to him a few times, senses my empathetic nature and starts to see me as HIS therapist. My most recent experiences of this have been in Houston, where I have lived for almost 8 years. After seeing one initially great masseur twice a month for nearly two years, I just had to stop when I realized that I knew more about him than he knew about me--and it was not knowledge that made me feel good about him. He talked nonstop from the moment I entered his apartment--all about him and his problems--just going through the motions of the massage. He would not take any signals from me, verbal or otherwise. One day while prattling on, he mentioned that sometimes clients just stopped coming to him, and that he never asked why. I missed my chance, because I was beginning to see why. Perhaps I could have made a difference for him, but I didn't say anything. I just quit like the others. I currently have been seeing another masseur who is behaving the same way. An interesting parallel is that both of these guys asked me to purchase package deals from them when they were having cash-flow problems. I fell for that. I have two remaining pre-paid massages with one of them and I am not beating a path to his door to redeem them. Sadly, the massage itself is great, but I just cannot stand the sound of his voice anymore.

I would hope for sanitary reasons the sheets and towels are washed after each use. No one said they are looking for silk sheets and Egyptian cotton towels.

Agreed. As long as they are clean, non dingy towels that's fine. Honestly how dirty can they get in 60-90 min? Most professional oils, lotions, and creams products will come clean in a washing machine.

I agree on: 4. Toilet paper or paper towel offered post-massage

It's tacky and annoying and so uncomfortable.

Interesting about the paper towel thing. I do dislike it too BUT only if it’s the only thing used. I’ve had experiences where they get the bulk of the mess off with a paper towel (hope it’s understood which mess I’m referring to) and then be wiped down with a warm wet towel all over. If it’s just paper towel then no. But for cleanup (bounty kind of cleanup) and the warm towel, then it fine.