Feet

BeefyDude
This topic is 1136 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Anyone else out there besides me who enjoys a good foot massage.

Funny, it seems most gay masseurs don't want to or can't work on feet (even those who offer a "head to toe" massage.

As an alternative, there are many places near me (as i'm sure there are in most cities) foot massage place. The one I goto $30 for an hour foot massage. MOST of the time is spent on feet and lower legs. But the end there is a neck, shoulder, cranial massage.

Very nice and like I said $30!!!!

A masseur I saw would start each session by rubbing down your feet with one of those cleansing wipes. Then he would work a moisturizing cream into each foot before starting the massage. When he would reach your feet about halfway through he would spend about 5 minutes massaging each foot after some leg stretches. Bliss.

Too bad he moved away...

I too love a good foot massage but did not realize why some trained in massage will not do until I asked. Your feet carry a great deal of bacteria and fungus. If the person doing your massage does not clean his hands well and then goes on to the rest of your body you have a chance of getting skin infections such as ringworm and bacterial breakouts. I had a regular who did a great foot massage and would then sanitize his hands and that’s where I learned

@Chris4481 that makes sense. I could see having that done separately anyway.

I play video games and anyone who can do a great job on my hands is great. Feet would be similar because often I have soreness in my arches which I usually just hit with a lacrosse ball at my desk. My feet always feel great after that.

• 1 year later...

Quick question!

I have shied away from hiring a masseuse as I would not want my feet massaged at all. But sounds like from a couple posts in this thread it's ok if I would just ask to keep my socks on and not have them touched at all?

It’s your dime :)

Never be afraid to let your masseur know what areas to avoid or give extra attention. If you absolutely don’t want your feet massages or touched, let him know.

Your feet, along with your face, your hands and your genitals, are the most highly innervated areas of your body surface, which is why massage there has such an affect on you.

I have not had any consistent experience with "gay" masseurs and whether they include feet in the massage. Some do, some don't. In my mind, any spa/professional quality massage includes the feet and hands, although my feet are ticklish, which sometimes interrupts the massage flow. The masseurs who don't include feet also usually don't include hands or often even arms, focus more on the larger muscles, and are often the ones who seem to be less trained or less experienced. I don't think I've ever had a fully licensed/certified masseur who did not include hands and feet. As an aside, the one area I think is consistently most shorted even in very high quality massages is the shoulders.

I had a massage yesterday at a vacation hotel spa, and the masseuse (originally from Bali) began by having me sit down in a chair and washing my feet. Given the concern expressed above about spreading germs, this makes wonderful sense. The massage included a lot of work on my feet. It was great.

I too love a good foot massage but did not realize why some trained in massage will not do until I asked. Your feet carry a great deal of bacteria and fungus. If the person doing your massage does not clean his hands well and then goes on to the rest of your body you have a chance of getting skin infections such as ringworm and bacterial breakouts. I had a regular who did a great foot massage and would then sanitize his hands and that’s where I learned

Good point. The foot massage place I go to always starts by a 5-ish min foot soak in a tub of hot water

It’s your dime :)

Never be afraid to let your masseur know what areas to avoid or give extra attention. If you absolutely don’t want your feet massages or touched, let him know.

You are so right, let them know. I always do. Yet most of the time they barely do those areas or none at all. Yes I do remind during the session. Sadly those are the bad ones the untrained just in it for the buck or the sex part.

A great masseur will listen to you and adhere to any specific body parts IMHO

I've been getting massages about 6 times a year for 25 years by a variety of masseurs. It's been very rare when the session doesn't include a foot massage.

Thats Great.. My experience (and i;'m a seasoned masseur client) is the opposite. What city are you in? ATL market is definitely NOT the norm

• 2 months later...