The Price Of Postage Stamps Is Going Up

Avalon
This topic is 1952 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I still have some Forever Stamps left. I rarely have a need to use them.

DEAR ABBY: My uncle who has Alzheimer’s has declined rapidly. Prior to his decline, I bought 30 greeting cards every month and made sure to mail one to him each day. I live in Florida, and he lives in Kentucky.

I received much satisfaction and joy with every post I sent. My mother would open the cards and tape them to the outside of the door of his room. His neighbors would pause and read them as they passed by, and he used the montage of seasonal greetings as a way to recognize his door.

My uncle is no longer cognizant or coherent, and my mother has told me to stop sending the cards. Abby, I need this activity in my life. How can I find another person who would welcome a greeting card? I am semi-paralyzed and confined to a wheelchair. I have no interest in meeting, visiting or even talking to the recipient; I just want to send greeting cards. Suggestions?

LOVES SENDING SMILES

DEAR LOVES: It’s time to find another outlet for your caring and compassion. Contact the eldercare facilities in your community, speak to the directors and ask if one (or more) of the residents might enjoy receiving your seasonal greetings. I’m betting the answer will be yes.

I don't remember the stamp prices now but when I was a boy one Christmas I helped my grandmother with her cards. There were two different prices. One of the envelope was sealed and another if the closing flap was just tucked in.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The cheapest price for a stamp I can remember is five cents. My other grandmother would buy a role of 100.