Kathy Griffin

E.T.Bass
This topic is 1382 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This Salontalks YouTube video crosses over both entertainment and political categories. I'll post it here since KG is an entertainer, one that I like quite a bit. However it is a deep dive that also covers civil rights, as well as her business prowess.

There is some surprising stuff in here I was not aware of. For example, I had no idea Harvey Levin of TMZ is a huge Trump supporter and part of the coordination to punish KG.

She does have a film in the can that would be nice to see screened somewhere, though she is up against a lot of resistance right now.

Her Colbert appearance has over a million YouTube hits. This Salon vlog has relatively few hits, though it is far more worthy of a listen IMO.

Kathy Griffin’s 98-year-old mother, Maggie, is suffering from dementia.

Griffin shared the sad news in a series of tweets, describing the situation as “heartbreaking.”

“The pic below, taken in September, was the last time I was able to have a proper/coherent conversation with her,” Griffin wrote, along with a photo showing her with Maggie.

“Since that photo was taken, she has rapidly fallen into the throes of dementia,” the comedian continued. “This is never easy for any child, I know this is a reality that millions of people deal with every year. But when it comes to my mom this is particularly hard because her sharp mind was everything.”

Griffin wrote that her mother — who earned a large following for her funny and charming appearances on her daughter’s show “Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List” — is not in any physical pain and is receiving round-the-clock care.

“In terms of how she is now, at this point she only knows my name and I love you,” Griffin wrote. “I know many of you know what that reality is like...I'm still grappling with it.”

Griffin went on to share a number of videos of her mother that she cherishes and asked fans to share some of their favorite Maggie moments as well.

Her tweets were met with an outpouring of support and sweet messages.

“We all felt we knew Maggie through your Twitter posts & now we all share your pain as you lose a part of her,”tweeted “Star Wars” actor Mark Hamill. “Sending her love & warm wishes.”

Griffin, meanwhile, tweeted that she replies “you do!" whenever fans say they feel like they know Maggie personally from watching her.

“She never put on a show, she was the show," Griffin wrote.

Griffin’s reality show, which aired on Bravo, ran for six seasons from 2005 to 2010.

Here are some of Maggie’s most memorable moments on “My Life on the D-List”:

Her Bucket List

A 2009 episode centered on Griffin trying to fulfill different wishes on her mom’s bucket list — but she quickly learned it didn't take much to satisfy her mom.

“I like to see a nice play here and there. A nice play. I still love going out to dinner,” Maggie said when asked what was on her bucket list, prompting jokes from her daughter.

“I require very little in my life,” Maggie said. “I just mostly want to get a real good night’s sleep.”

When pressed for more, Maggie said she’d like to meet Betty White and Don Rickles, which her daughter managed to make happen.

Maggie’s Advice

There were multiple times when Maggie gave advice to her daughter on the show — with hilarious results.

In one instance, Maggie — with a glass of wine in hand — suggested Griffin perform as a cheerleader if her performance at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center went awry.

“You’re a girl. They love that,” Maggie said. “Just go in and you flirt a little bit and all that kind of stuff. If it gets a little dull or you think, like, you’re sinking, you know, wave a few pom poms and dance around a little bit.

“Even if you just wave them and say, ‘Let’s have a cheer for the good ol’ USA.’ ”

Maggie on Facebook

Another famous scene featured Kathy and her co-worker writing a series of vulgar comments using Maggie’s Facebook page and watching her freak out about them.

“I don’t even know what that means,” Maggie says at one point. “And I don’t think I’m going to like it if I find out.”

Meeting with Lauren Conrad about Muumuus

Griffin brought her mom with her to discuss how to market a line of muumuus with Lauren Conrad.

The scene humorously begins with Maggie referring to Conrad as “LC,” though Conrad later says she’d rather go by Lauren after Griffin asks for her preference.

They then decided that their best bet was marketing the dress as a “Maggie Drinking Blanket,” and Griffin admires how her mom is hitting it off with the star of “The Hills.”

• 1 year later...