San Pedro Sula Honduras

GregM
This topic is 1961 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm trying to plan a non working trip to Honduras this Spring. My goal, see and explore a ghetto for a couple of days. I want to interact with the locals. I know I've been called crazy for this but it's something I need to do. Any suggestions on who to get ahold of? It doesn't necessarily need to be San Pedro Sula. My dates aren't firm cause of stuff at the day job so I could be looking Spring or early Summer.

Hugs,

Greg

I'm trying to plan a non working trip to Honduras this Spring. My goal, see and explore a ghetto for a couple of days. I want to interact with the locals. I know I've been called crazy for this but it's something I need to do. Any suggestions on who to get ahold of? It doesn't necessarily need to be San Pedro Sula. My dates aren't firm cause of stuff at the day job so I could be looking Spring or early Summer.

Hugs,

Greg

Perhaps look for a local charity that that brings food, operates classes for kids or vocational training for older residents or even school construction. Not all are religious but finding a local Catholic or other church and seeking to volunteer might be a great way to interact and also do some good with locals. :)

I’ve found that big charities are generally focused on collecting donations rather that shepherding volunteers so finding a small local one might be more fruitful.