Tipping

BeefyDude
This topic is 1965 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pretty much always tip. Of course the amount of the tip is dependent on the quality of the massage. For new masseurs, I might tip $50 or so, or round up to the nearest hundred -- Charge $130 and I give $200. Now for the masseurs with whom I have more of a connection and the massage quality is good, I might go as high as a 100% tip. It really depends on the connection with the individual. There's lots of mediocre offerings out there. When I find someone I really like, I think it is important to reward them accordingly. (I don't know where I stack-up with other tipping practices.)

I pretty much always tip. Of course the amount of the tip is dependent on the quality of the massage. For new masseurs, I might tip $50 or so, or round up to the nearest hundred -- Charge $130 and I give $200. Now for the masseurs with whom I have more of a connection and the massage quality is good, I might go as high as a 100% tip. It really depends on the connection with the individual. There's lots of mediocre offerings out there. When I find someone I really like, I think it is important to reward them accordingly. (I don't know where I stack-up with other tipping practices.)

WOW you are generous. When I give it to them I typically say "wish it could be more". 99% of the time they say it is appreciated. I would imagine anything is better than nothing and as always its the thought that counts.

The 160+ range is high enough especially at incall, where on my budget I think you are good if I were not to tip. However I do tip all the time. I just feel like if you're in your own home and I'm paying you 160 already your tip expectations shouldn't be that much because your overhead is not that much. Obviously you've included that in your fee. I haven't spent over 200 out of pocket. Once because I wanted to tip more than I had cash and used my CC and tipped more than I would have because it wasn't instant money for them.

If I were to drop over 200 for a massage I'm imagining we are entering into the full service zone and if that was the case I certainly didn't expect it nor request it so I'd take that as we would have just hit it off well and there was mutual attraction. I tend not to go to guys who are 200 for 90 minutes anyway. That to me reads more sensual than therapeutic and therapeutic is primary for me but I want sensual points as well. I am legitimately sore and need the massage when I am ready to book. I can easily hook up for free.

Anyway, These guys can't have sex with all of their clients and from my understanding most actually don't and sex only happens rarely under the right aligned circumstances. Plus they probably don't want to have sex with everyone considering the range of ages, body types, personalities that they come across. Lol ?

My other decision process is if they come to me or me to them. Generally I go to them

Also if they have a high price and state table but no table due to travel then I factor that in. I figure i'm not getting the "full experience". I much prefer table vs. bed any day of the week

I agree.. I look at the price and try to determine what they are really looking for

As I have said before i'm MAINLY looking for deep/theraputic work. But lets be honest some sensual aspects and and ending are nice. So I look at ads 120 vs. 160 and go HMMMMM

I hope i'm not coming across cheap. I don't have TONS of cash to throw around. I don't mind paying for a good massage. But WONT tolerate a rub-n-tug UNLESS that has been talked about up front and i was aware (then it falls on me).

Hope this makes sense.

Isn't the rule that you don't tip business owners, you tip employees such as restaurant workers, masseurs at spas, and cab drivers?

With that in mind, I'll tip rounding up in increments of $20 if I think someone has provided above and beyond the value typically found in the market. I usually go for 90-minute sessions and I think that the guys charging $240 for that are already pushing it (would you tip your lawyer making a quarter million a year?), so something really special has to happen there before I tip. Having said that, my favorites (Brad in NY, Alex in Miami Beach, Nikola in Chicago,...) are well below that and I gladly tip $40-60 to get them there or close.

On a side note, given the frequency of "meh" experiences, I like to have the exact change going into a massage with a new guy. And I never feel cheap giving it, because I think I am overpaying them anyway.

At $150+ for an hour no tip is necessary, unless there are very compelling reasons. (wink wink)

It really isn't the money. It's being considered a fool.

If you are a regular customer, guys appreciate that. They know you are reliable, you are not going to waste their time, are not crazy and not an axe murderer. They set their fees to compensate for a certain amount of uncertainty, wasted time and silliness. If you help them avoid nonsense and earn a steady income without wasted effort and additional marketing, then you have done your part.

It works very well from both sides.

I may tip generously, but I think it is worth every penny and I guess that is what it comes down to in the end -- my perceived value. If that makes me a fool, so be it. ;)

I'd love to hear which masseurs you thought particularly deserved the tip and why, in a word or two?

I think there's a huge difference between a masseur who advertises, and works for himself, and a masseur who's employed by a spa. The masseurs in spas usually keep 1/3 of what we pay, so for the average rate of $60/hour, he keeps $20. I usually tip at least $40 usually $60 in a spa, and I have gone to $80.

A masseur who comes to my apt, or if I go to him, usually charges $140 minimum. I don't feel I need to tip him at that price. One masseur charges me $100 for 90 minutes, and I always give him $120 -- which isn't much, but if his fee is low, so be it.

Most of the posts that preceded this don't seem to make that distinction.

Sorry about that... i'm new to this forum. I guess I should have searched first. My bad

Prepare for your forum spanking. ;)

I recently asked about tipping my barber. :D

Here the OP apologizes in advance.

Sorry - another post on tipping

This thread was closed to further replies. One can see the subject has an effect on the members. :eek:

Tipping the Masseur

I may tip generously, but I think it is worth every penny and I guess that is what it comes down to in the end -- my perceived value. If that makes me a fool, so be it. ;)

I'm with you on tipping, especially when the experience is great. A guy's gotta make a living, although I don't do the rounding up as much as you do. I add on 20 to 40 depending on the massage length.

Edited by E.T.Bass

As a provider, errr... a prostitute lol... best way to not become jaded when people don't leave tips is to just factor the price of a HE in your base service. Straight people can get a massage from a fine 20ish-year old Vietnamese girl for only 40, HE for an extra 40, and full service for 140. Massage Envy is like what? 50 an hour as well? What's the average cost of a massage on MA, RM, and MF? Yeah. So my ad says 80, it is safe to assume a massage and a HE will be there for you and you don't have to say a thing. If I get no tip, no big deal. However, since I never solicit for extras, I do get a little jaded and somewhat disappointed when I get those guys who live in million dollar houses and on repeat visits when I decide to provide more extras than just a simple HE and they tip me 0 or much less than on visits where I didn't. I just laugh it off and next time I just tell them flat out I don't do that stuff anymore so don't expect it this time.

Edited by jcarper