The Cakemaker vs Black Panther

E.T.Bass
This topic is 1885 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Did a movie binge watch today on Netflix. (also did a search and found no posts yet on these)

Blank Panther was on some best of 2018 list and I knew it was a box office blockbuster.

Had heard good things about The Cakemaker.

I'm not into the comic book movie genre but I must admit the eye candy in Black Panther was nice, especially Michael B. Jordan. So pretty.

The large majority of film audiences obviously prefer Black Panther.

tenor.gif?itemid=11162337

But I'd give a bigger thumbs up to The Cakemaker. For anyone into a good indie flick, it's a well done film, and Israel's submission for best foreign film Oscar. Themes about sexuality, grief and religion. Quite poignant. Sarah Adler's performance is especially good.

the_cakemaker.jpg

Did a movie binge watch today on Netflix. (also did a search and found no posts yet on these)

Blank Panther was on some best of 2018 list and I knew it was a box office blockbuster.

I'm not into the comic book movie genre but I must admit the eye candy in Black Panther was nice, especially Michael B. Jordan. So pretty.

But I'd give a bigger thumbs up to The Cakemaker. For anyone into a good indie flick, it's a well done film, and Israel's submission for best foreign film Oscar. Themes about sexuality, grief and religion. Quite poignant. Sarah Adler's performance is especially good.

the_cakemaker.jpg

• 1 month later...

Tried to watch Black Panther but quit half-way through the movie. I typically don't like superhero, comic book style movies but there was so much hype around Black Panther, I figured it would be an exception. Nope. Just confirmed that movies of this type bore me. On the other hand, The Cakemaker looks interesing. I just added it to my Netflix list.

. I typically don't like superhero, comic book style movies but there was so much hype around Black Panther, I figured it would be an exception. Nope. Just confirmed that movies of this type bore me.

This. After Christopher Nolan's Batman movie, I couldn't sit through another one of these movies either.

the_cakemaker.jpg

I absolutely agree with you on both films.

• 2 weeks later...