POWER TO THE PEOPLE

José Soplanucas
This topic is 1973 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Perhaps this is not new, perhaps it has been tried, perhaps is just an undoable stupid idea.

What about giving more power to the OPs? Of course these powers should never over ride admins might. For instance I should be able to lock my own thread, but I am not able to unlock it if an administrator closed it.

What about giving the OPs the power to ban someone from he thread, or to apply warnings? This banning should never be preemptive, but the accountability for misconduct. Every decision, banning or warning, should have an objective reason and be the reaction to a specific conduct.

Perhaps the warnings an OP can issue do not affect the overall score of a forum member. For instance, I can warn you that you need to stay on topic in my thread or you will be locked out of here. The next time you try to derail the thread, I can ban you out of it. But my warning does not give any accountability points, it only gives me the right to lock you out the next time you misbehave.

• 2 weeks later...
Perhaps this is not new, perhaps it has been tried, perhaps is just an undoable stupid idea.

What about giving more power to the OPs? Of course these powers should never over ride admins might. For instance I should be able to lock my own thread, but I am not able to unlock it if an administrator closed it.

What about giving the OPs the power to ban someone from he thread, or to apply warnings? This banning should never be preemptive, but the accountability for misconduct. Every decision, banning or warning, should have an objective reason and be the reaction to a specific conduct.

Perhaps the warnings an OP can issue do not affect the overall score of a forum member. For instance, I can warn you that you need to stay on topic in my thread or you will be locked out of here. The next time you try to derail the thread, I can ban you out of it. But my warning does not give any accountability points, it only gives me the right to lock you out the next time you misbehave.

I'd love to be able to ban trolls as the OP, as long as they can ask the powers to be reallowed into the thread.