God Friended Me

Avalon
This topic is 1850 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

For me, Joe Morton has been an actor to follow and enjoy ever since John Sayles' 1984 film, The Brother from Another Planet.

"God Friended Me" seems to almost be an "Early Edition" for this generation. I wouldn't say it's a ripoff because "Early Edition" didn't have prominent religious themes. I'm trying to keep up with "God Friended Me" on DVR because it's a bright, positive show. It helps to balance out some of the more darkly-themed shows I watch with their endless supplies of flawed characters and anti-heroes, and with their plots where every victory comes with heavy consequences.

• 2 weeks later...
You're welcome. IMDB is a great tool for finding actors by movie or TV show and episode, and tracing affiliations in all directions.

Thanks for the recommendation. I went to Wiki and of course most of what I saw was about the Oklahoma satirist.

In the recent episode a Muslim girl and Jewish boy fall in love. They want to marry. We never see the boy's parents but the girl's father is against it. In the end he comes around.

If the show stays around for a couple of years I'd like to see a follow up when they have children and how they resolve what religion the children will be raised in.

• 5 months later...

For some reason I've grown to really like this show, so I'm glad it has been renewed. I like the subtle sci-fi and emerging tech themes running through the show. It's strange to see show with such lofty and uplifting, though absurdly oversimplified and idealistic themes. I've been a sucker for TV shows with the right amount of treacle, going back to Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman in '80s Beauty and the Beast. The casting has been great, with some nice guest and recurring eye candy starting with an unfortunately never shirtless Brandon Micheal Hall. I could do without the "will they or won't they" Tony and Angela romance between the lead characters, Miles and Cara.

‘God Friended Me’ Renewed For Season 2 By CBS

https://deadline.com/2019/01/god-friended-me-renewed-season-2-cbs-1202544673/