42-29-38

samhexum
This topic is 809 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wendy Williams won’t be returning to her eponymous talk show anytime soon, as she’s now been hospitalized for complications stemming from her Graves’ Disease.

“As Wendy Williams Hunter previously shared, shefractured her shoulder and has been on the mend. Over the past few days, Wendy has experienced complications regarding her Graves’ Disease that will require treatment. Wendy will be under the strict supervision of her physicians, and as part of her care, there will be significant time spent in the hospital,” a statement from the Hunter family read. “Despite her strong desire to return, she is taking a necessary, extended break from her show to focus on her personal and physical well-being.

“Wendy thanks everyone in advance for their well-wishes and for respecting her and The Hunter Family’s privacy during this time.”

Distributor and producer Debmar-Mercury said “The Wendy Williams Show” will air repeat episodes the week of Jan. 21 and will produce original episodes with a variety of hosts starting the week of Jan. 28.

“For over ten years, Wendy has been a vital part of the Debmar-Mercury family,” the company said in a statement. “We wholeheartedly support Wendy in this decision to take the time she needs and we will welcome her back with open arms the moment she is ready.”

Williams, 54, fractured her shoulder in December and then began to worry fans when she slurred her words on-air. She later apologized and blamed the painkillers she was taking. Since then, Williams has delayed her show’s return twice. It was originally supposed to return shortly after the New Year but was pushed back to Jan. 14. The showpushed the return date again to Jan. 21 in order to allow Williams to heal and come back “200%.”

Because of Williams’ lengthy departure, fans have begun to question whether Williams is really treating her shoulder, especially given a report that exposed her husband’s alleged affair.

Her haters still trying to dredge up that tired story about her husband's alleged affair. So what that's their business and her professional business is to talk about celebrity antics. They hate it when she tells it like it is for some celeb they idolize like she just insulted their Mother. Actually she probably could insult their Mother and they wouldn't say a thing. I also think they can't stand that she maintains a pretty normal life despite her own celebrity. She lives a few towns away from me. I ran into her a few years ago at K-mart in West Orange. Yes K-Mart. I didn't fan out but I think I kinda of stalked her around the store for a bit. LOL

BTW I caught part of her show today & Carson Kreeseley was guest hosting. I don't know if it was new or a repeat. I guess Jerry O'Connell was busy. Too bad I didn't find Carson particularly interesting. Actually he seemed like he had a bit of an attitude.

• 2 weeks later...

“The Wendy Williams Show” is getting a temporary new host.

Nick Cannon will take over the show on Feb. 4, Feb. 5 and Feb. 6. He’ll be continuing Wendy Williams‘ signature segment, “Hot Topics.”

Earlier this month, Williams’ family announced that she was still recovering from her fractured shoulder and also had to be hospitalized as a result of symptoms from her Graves’ disease.

“Despite her strong desire to return, she is taking a necessary, extended break from her show to focus on her personal and physical well-being,” the statement read.

A source told Page Six at the time, “Staff at [Williams’] show are eager to get back to work. We are all hoping she is well. The mood at the set is good … We just want Wendy to get better.”

Distributor and producer Debmar-Mercury previously announced that the show would feature a variety of hosts starting the week of Jan. 28.

Williams, 54, fractured her shoulder in December and then worried fans when she slurred her words on-air. She later apologized and blamed the painkillers she was taking to treat her fracture.

Since then, Williams has delayed her show’s return twice. It was originally supposed to return shortly after the New Year but was pushed back to Jan. 14. The show pushed the return date again to Jan. 21 in order to allow Williams to heal and come back at “200%.”

• 2 weeks later...

On Dec. 20, a jittery Wendy Williams appeared on her daytime TV talk show, slurring and repeating words. Later that day, she apologized on Instagram,blaming pain medication for a fractured shoulder and Graves’ disease for her “less than stellar” performance. She promised a “better Wendy in 2019.”

She hasn’t been seen on-air since.

Sources close to the host tell The Post that Williams has been acting erratically at work for the last few years — with behavior worsening in recent months.

A frequent guest told The Post that, while on the show last year, “Producers . . . told me, ‘You carry the segment’ ” — implying that Wendy couldn’t do so on her own. Williams was “a little out of sorts,” said the frequent guest.

Last week, Radar Online published photos of the host in South Florida. Her team says, she’s in long-term hospitalization for a fractured shoulder and complications from Graves’ disease, an autoimmune disorder that affects the thyroid. But sources say that the queen of spilling tea has been hiding pitchers’ worth of her own secrets for more than a decade — including emotional and, in the past, even physical abuse by her husband and manager, Kevin Hunter.

(A representative for Williams and Hunter declined to respond to requests for comment on the accounts from these sources.)

Employees of Williams’ TV show have long worried about their boss and her unusual behavior, which they say began to increase around the 2014/2015 season.

One former TV-show producer, who worked on the program at that time and later, said Thursdays were particularly worrisome.

“On those days we would tape one show live, and then there’d be a break and we would tape another show to air on Friday,” the former TV producer said. “Sometimes [Wendy] would be in her dressing room, doing whatever she does between shows, and her behavior for the second show would seem erratic. It started happening more and more frequently . . . trailing off mid-sentence, not finishing her thoughts.”

Added a longtime staffer: “There were times when you would be briefing her . . . and you would say, ‘What’s going on with her? She’s not present.’ ”

Williams raised fans’ eyebrows when she fainted during a 2017 Halloween show, blaming it on dehydration and a hot Statue of Liberty costume. Last February, the host announced she was taking a three-week hiatus from the show due to her Graves’ disease and issues with hyperthyroidism.

Not everyone is buying 54-year-old Williams’ excuses, however.

The talk-show host has been candid about a decade-long cocaine addiction during her 20s and 30s. In July 2018, Williams told “Entertainment Tonight” that it’s a “miracle” she’s sober now. But demons still seemed to haunt her into her 40s and 50s.

“Wendy does everything really hard,” said a former employee of Williams’ national radio show, “The Wendy Williams Experience,” which aired from 2002 to 2009. Referring to Williams’ radio days, the source said, “If she’s drinking, it’s bottles and bottles.”

A former intern at “The Wendy Williams Experience” said part of his duties in 2008 included buying the host bottles of Champagne and wine, which he had to sneak into the studio with a corkscrew in his back pocket so that Hunter, 47, wouldn’t know his wife was drinking.

According to sources from the radio show, Williams feared her husband’s wrath.

“She would hide in the bathroom and tell me to knock on the door when he left the office so she wouldn’t have to see him,” said the intern, who added that it was common for Hunter to pull Williams into a private room and for staff to hear them fighting.

“You’d hear slaps or some type of tussling going on,” said the intern.

The same source also recalls Hunter blowing up at a group of interns in 2008 for failing to successfully run an errand for him.

“[Hunter] started screaming at all the interns and said, ‘Everybody’s fired, everybody go home,’ ” recalled the former intern, who had been promised a job at Williams’ television show. “I [went] to Wendy and I said, ‘Your husband just told me to go home,’ and she said, ‘Well, it is what it is.’ ”

The intern said he was offered his job back the next day, but declined.

Hunter’s temper, according to sources, could turn violent. One night, around 2007, an associate witnessed Hunter acting aggressively toward Williams at a nightclub.

When the couple left the club, Hunter hit Williams in the back seat of the car, according to a former friend who was with them. The blow to Williams’ mouth was so severe, “there was blood everywhere.”

When they got to a Midtown parking garage, “Hunter grabbed [Williams] and pulled her into the bathroom,” said the former friend. “The parking attendant called the police.” No charges were filed.

Nicole Spence, who worked on “The Wendy Williams Experience” from 2004 to 2008, made allegations of abusive behavior by Hunter in a June 2008 lawsuit against him and Williams. The complaint claimed Hunter sexually harassed Spence and created a “hostile work environment,” and alleged that Spence witnessed Hunter physically assault his wife.

“In one instance,” alleged the complaint, “Mr. Hunter stormed into the studio, demanded that other employees leave and openly physically abused Ms. Williams, pinning her against the wall with his hand around her neck, choking her while repeatedly pounding his fist into the wall directly by her head.” The case was apparently settled on Oct. 22, 2008.

Spence did not respond to requests for comment.

“They’re not your typical couple,” said the former radio employee. “They’re not a couple where you think there is love there. It’s very toxic.”

Williams and Hunter met at a skating rink in 1994, married three years later and welcomed their son, Kevin Jr., in 2000. Hunter, who owned a beauty parlor before meeting Williams, became her manager and production partner.

“He has no life without her. He didn’t even own a computer when I [worked] for him,” said the former radio employee.

Hunter is known for showing up to work in a green Ferrari and wearing fur coats. Multiple sources say he smokes pot in his office at the “Wendy Williams Show” and both the longtime TV show staffer and the former TV producer said he sometimes walked the set with a bottle of tequila in hand.

Despite having no previous TV experience, Hunter was made an executive producer of the show. He wasted no time letting the staff know who was in charge.

“There was definitely a point when we were scared to go to work,” said a former talent employee at the TV show, who quit a few years ago, largely, the person said, due to Hunter’s verbal abuse. “The screaming got to be too much,” the ex-employee said.

While no sources at the “Wendy Williams Show” report having witnessed any physical abuse by Hunter since the show started, former employees say he regularly humiliated Williams.

“At one point she became vegan-esque,” said the former TV producer. “Kevin would berate her if she ate something that was not on their eating plan. He’d scream, ‘Don’t be a fat ass!’

“It’s a cycle of abuse,” the ex-producer continued.

According to the former TV producer, Hunter tried to keep Williams from fostering close friendships. When she and a show wardrobe stylist developed a rapport, Williams took care to keep it secret, said the ex-TV producer.

“Once they went to a designer’s showroom in Manhattan and the stylist drove Wendy back [home] to New Jersey. Wendy asked to be dropped off a block away so Kevin wouldn’t see that she was in the car with the stylist,” said the former TV producer — adding that Hunter eventually found out “and the stylist was let go from her position shortly after.”

But Williams has kept the faith, brushing off rumors of Hunter’s alleged mistress, Sharina Hudson, on the air, stating in September 2017: “I stand by my guy.”

On Monday’s show, guest host Nick Cannon shared that he had spoken to Williams and that “her, Kevin and Little Kevin . . . are all good. The passion is still there because that’s what you need in times like this.”

For now, those close to Williams hope she gets the help she needs.

“I don’t f–k with Kevin. I think he’s a terrible human being,” said Charlamagne Tha God, who was a close friend of Williams’ and co-hosted her radio show until he was fired in 2008.

“I will just tell you that I hope Wendy Williams wakes up before one day she doesn’t wake up.”

kevin-hunter-wendy-williams-son.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wendy Williams living in sober house: Celebrities tweet their support

Celebrities are coming forward to show their support for Wendy Williams after she announced on her talk show Tuesday that she’s been living in a sober house.

Former “Today” co-host Tamron Hall, who’s set to launch a talk show of her own in September, tweeted, “Proud of @WendyWilliams for taking this major step! Her journey will inspire so many people in the same situation… using her voice for good.”

CNN anchor Don Lemon praised the 54-year-old — who has been open about her past drug abuse — for her bravery in coming forward.

“I say bravest woman I know. @WendyWilliams finally speaks her truth about recovery,” Lemon tweeted.

“The View” co-host Meghan McCain said what Williams shared was not “for the weak of heart.”

“Sending strength and love to you @WendyWilliams – speaking your truth and showing your struggle and darkness on national television is not for the weak of heart,” McCain tweeted.

For comedian Whitney Cummings and “Scandal” star Bellamy Young, things got personal.

“Addiction has plagued myself and my family for my whole life and I’m just so grateful that she’s sharing her story to help combat the shame of addiction,” Cummings tweeted. “This is a disease that discriminates against nobody.”

And Young shared, “I learned a long time ago in #AlAnon that ‘we’re only as sick as our secrets.’ So shine your LIGHT. Let us heal w/you. There are very few lives untouched by addiction: it’s so important that we share how we heal & how we grow. I’m w/you 100%.”

Meanwhile, Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler — who in January told GQ he’s been sober for nearly a decade (his fourth attempt at staying clean) — spoke about bravery. “YOU KNOW WHATS BRAVE..? ADMITTING YOUR FAILURE…ADMITTING YOUR TRIUMPHS WITHOUT A CARE FOR JUDGEMENT,” he tweeted. “STRENGTH TAKES TIME TO BUILD…BETTER LATE THAN NEVER…CONGRATS TO @WendyWilliams FOR SPEAKING YOUR TRUTH. .”

Piers Morgan, known for blasting celebs, took a break from his feuds to compliment Williams.

“Love @WendyWilliams – one of the nicest & most genuine people I’ve encountered on US TV,” he wrote. “This was a gutsy thing to admit – wish her all the best.”

Howard Stern, who went after Williams and her “mystery illness” after she criticized his book, has yet to address Williams’ announcement.

On Tuesday, Williams revealed that she didn’t tell anyone but her husband, Kevin Hunter, that she would be moving into the sober facility.

“Only Kevin knows about this. Not my parents, nobody. Nobody knew because I look so glamorous out here,” she shared on her show. “After I finish my appointments … I am driven by my 24-hour sober coach back to a home that I live in the tri-state with a bunch of smelly boys who have become my family. … We talk and read and talk and read and then I get bored with them. Doors locked by 10 p.m., lights out by 10 p.m., so I go to my room and stare at the ceiling and fall asleep to come here and see you. So that is my truth.”

Her revelation comes after she took a 2-month hiatus from her eponymous TV show. Upon her return, she revisited her past struggles with drugs but said her absence was because of her Graves’ disease. She didn’t officially say on Tuesday that she relapsed.

• 4 weeks later...

After persistent cheating rumors and breakup buzz, it’s over for Wendy Williams and Kevin Hunter.

The talk show host is divorcing her husband of nearly 22 years, Williams’ attorney confirmed to Page Six on Thursday. A source told us Williams, who filed in Essex County, NJ, served Hunter with divorce papers at 6:30 a.m.

According to court documents, obtained by Page Six, Williams and Hunter are splitting because of “irreconcilable differences.” Williams, who resides in Livingston, NJ, is seeking to establish an “appropriate amount of child support” as well as “other further relief as the Court deems fair and equitable.”

“Thank you to everyone for respecting the family’s privacy during this time,” the personal representative for Williams told Page Six in a statement. “Kevin is supportive of Wendy and they are working through this process together.”

Earlier this month, Page Six exclusively reported that Williams and Hunter were looking into separating.

The split comes amid renewed rumors that Hunter has been cheating on Williams, 54, with a woman named Sharina Hudson, who gave birth to a baby suspected to be Hunter’s last month.

The divorce news comes after Williams notably flaunted her lack of a wedding band early Thursday on her hairstylist’s and makeup artist’s social media.

Rumors of infidelity have plagued the couple for a few years, though Williams never confirmed them. She vaguely addressed her marital woes on her show earlier this year, cryptically telling viewers after she returned from a two-month hiatus that her wedding ring would always stay on her hand.

“I’m still very much in love with my husband,” she said. “Don’t ask me about mine.” Pointing to her wedding ring, Williams added, “It ain’t going anywhere. Not in this lifetime.”

However, her ring apparently did go somewhere. On March 25, upon leaving the sober living facility where she has been staying after receiving help for addiction in Florida (though she previously told viewers she was seeking treatment for her Graves’ disease), the morning show host was spotted without her flashy jewelry. She appeared to put it back on to tape her show later that day, but an insider had told us it wasn’t her real ring.

Infidelity wasn’t the only rumor to swirl about Williams and Hunter’s marriage. Sources previously told The Post that Hunter’s allegedly abusive behavior ultimately led to the unraveling that prompted Williams to relapse.

“She would hide in the bathroom and tell me to knock on the door when he left the office so she wouldn’t have to see him,” an intern from Williams’ former radio show told The Post, adding that it was common for Hunter to pull Williams into a private room and for staff to hear them fighting.

“You’d hear slaps or some type of tussling going on,” said the intern.

Williams has been open about her past addiction to cocaine and crack.

Friends of Williams have publicly expressed concern for her and her poor health as she remained in her seemingly tumultuous marriage, with longtime pal Paul Porter previously telling The Post that divorce was her only hope.

Porter, who said he’s talked with Williams a hundred times in the past two years, said Williams’ husband, the executive producer of “The Wendy Williams Show,” is a “control freak” and “a terror.”

He said they went to couples counseling, but “for some reason, she can’t break away.”

Former friend Charlamagne Tha God expressed concern on his radio show “The Breakfast Club,” saying Hunter was “sucking the life out of” Williams.

He also admitted he introduced Hunter to his alleged mistress 10 years ago, but it was solely for business purposes.

“Just because I introduce you to someone doesn’t mean 10 years later you need to be in a picture with them showing all your teeth and her throwing up duck lips and a peace sign,” Charlamagne said.

Williams and Hunter met at a skating rink in 1994, tied the knot three years later and welcomed their son, 19-year-old Kevin Hunter Jr., in 2000.

Wendy Williams is uncertain about her future.

When an audience member asked Williams how she’s doing during Friday morning’s talk show, Williams responded, “I’m not sure.”

Williams’ emotional uncertainty came after Page Six exclusively revealed she filed for divorce early Thursday from husband Kevin Hunter. It’s worth noting, however, that Friday episodes of “The Wendy Williams Show” are taped on Thursday afternoons, so her declaration came after she had already filed, as we revealed that she served Hunter at 6:30 a.m. that day.

Now that her marriage is ending, Williams is looking for a new start and reportedly is planning to move to New York City, TMZ reported. Williams has lived in Livingston, NJ, for years, though she’s been staying at a sober living facility in Queens since at least January as she continues to recover from a relapse.

After she finishes her time at the sober house, Williams reportedly plans to move into a new space.

She and Hunter were married for nearly 22 years before finally calling it quits on their marriage after his alleged mistress, Sharina Hudson, gave birth to a baby said to be his. Williams and Hunter share one child together, an 18-year-old son named Kevin Jr.

In the divorce filing, obtained by Page Six, Williams cited irreconcilable differences as the cause of their split. She indicated that the marriage had dissolved six months ago and had no chance of repair. She’s also seeking to establish an “appropriate amount of child support” as well as “other further relief as the Court deems fair and equitable.”

• 1 month later...

Wendy Williams‘ estranged husband, Kevin Hunter, and their son, Kevin Hunter Jr., were involved in a fight that resulted in Kevin Jr.’s arrest early Wednesday morning.

Page Six confirmed that West Orange, New Jersey, police are investigating the brawl between father and son but could provide no further comment.

Williams and Kevin’s son was released from custody a short time later.

According to TMZ, 18-year-old Kevin Jr. and his father got into a fight in the parking lot of a store near their family home over Kevin Sr.’s request for spousal support in his ongoing divorce from Williams. Kevin then claimed Williams was “brainwashing” their son against him.

The fight turned physical when Kevin Sr. allegedly put his son into a headlock. Kevin Jr. then punched his father in the nose in order to break the hold.

This isn’t the first time the police have gotten involved with the Hunter-Williams family. In April, Williams’ estranged husband called the police on her when she showed up unannounced to their Livingston, New Jersey, home to move out some of her belongings. They eventually agreed to a “fair compromise,” according to the police report obtained by Page Six, that resulted in Williams walking away with her clothing, personal paintings and spare bedroom furnishings.

“Mr. and Mrs. Hunter mutually agreed to these terms, and further agreed that the remaining furnishings were to be undisturbed, inventoried, and valued at a later date,” the report read.

Their son was a witness to the ordeal.

Williams filed for divorce from Kevin Sr. in April after nearly 23 years of marriage.

• 1 month later...

Wendy was the hot topic as she returned from a 5 week hiatus with a new long blonde wig and tales of what she did during her time off.

She visited Chez Kardashian and Kim answered the door herself.

Wendy also dished about the 27 year old she's seeing. She seems to be digging the single life.

• 2 weeks later...
I have noticed a few masseurs who have a lymph edema massage under their techniques...I’m not sure how common it is for a massage therapist to receive that type of training as it is has to be very methodical and if it’s more serious you would need bandaging/compression as well. But MT’s are very knowledgeable of human anatomy so I would think they could pick it up quickly.

Anyway I am noticing in my line of work it is becoming more common and was curious if any massage therapists have run into it with any of their clients or if any clients here have you used a masseur to help with edema. Lymphedema treatment gets very expensive (if you are having to buy your own supplies). So I’m thinking massage might be a less expensive option at least in the early stages.

Kathy Bates is currently battling lymphedema, which she developed after getting lymph node surgery. The condition has caused painful swelling in her limbs. But recently, the star said she is “feeling great.”

“I’ve lost a lot of weight and it’s really helped with my symptoms. I just still have to wear compression sleeves or guard against nicks and bug bites because that can lead to sepsis.”

Bates has become a national spokesperson for Lymphatic Education & Research Network to spread the word, as symptoms can often be misdiagnosed as simple weight gain, she said. “Some doctors think it’s cosmetic and not life-threatening, so it goes undiagnosed and the disease progresses for years and gets worse and worse,” she added.

Also goes to show that sometimes weight is due to a medical issue and that people should stop complimenting people on weight loss that could well be caused by disease. So excuse me for not jumping in to praise Ms. Bates' cancer treatment for making the weight loss that relieves her lymphedema possible.

Wendy announced that she sticks her legs into a machine for 45 minutes each day and will have to do that for the rest of her life due to lymphedema

Wendy Williams is producing a biopic about her troubled life for Lifetime, airing next year.

The TV host’s real life is certainly the stuff of a Lifetime movie: She recently sent her husband and business partner Kevin Hunter packing after he got mistress Sharina Hudson pregnant, while Williamsspent time in a sober living house and has battled various health issues.

She’s making the movie with Will Packer — the hot producer behind “Girls Trip.”

The project’s about “her scrappy upstart days in urban radio to the success of her own syndicated talk show,” a release said.

“Boomerang” writer Leigh Davenport is penning the script.

Williams just celebrated her 55th birthday with breakfast at Tiffany (literally — at the jewelry store’s in-house cafe), plus dinner at Serendipity 3 and a cruise around Manhattan while wearing a tiara.

Lifetime, which was behind “Surviving R. Kelly,” is now also producing a “Surviving Jeffrey Epstein” series.

Blac Chyna’s mom, Tokyo Toni, accuses Wendy Williams of using cocaine

Wendy Williams‘ newfound friendship with Blac Chyna apparently doesn’t extend to the reality star’s mother, Tokyo Toni.

Chyna and her mom have been publicly feuding, though they seemed to temporarily make amends. It clearly didn’t last long, so Williams, 55, discussed the ongoing feud between the mother-daughter duo on her show last week.

“Fans though are outraged over how her mother Tokyo Toni treated Chyna,”

before sharing a clip from Chyna’s reality show, “Real Blac Chyna,” that showed Toni cursing out her daughter. “Along with that she also said something to the effect … you can kill yourself I don’t care. …Toni, take this in the best way because when last we talked you were hugging me and crying and me, you, Chyna we spent all day together and it was great, and all you kept telling me was ‘Wendy, thank you.'”

She added, “All I’m saying is you only have one mother.”

Williams’ hot take didn’t sit well with Toni, who subsequently lashed out on Instagram Live with threats to expose her secrets.

“Let me check Wendy Williams’ motherf–king ass bitch. Wendy, I’mma tell you this. Don’t mention my motherf–king name again, or I’m gonna talk about your s–t,” warned Toni.

“Wendy is so gone, that when I see her, I’mma knock her face off. When I see you, bitch, I’m gonna get a charge. I’mma bust your ass,” she continued. “You said I cried? When I walked in, you was sniffing coke. ‘Heyyy, ohhh’ Eyes was big. You hugged me because I ain’t no sucker.”

A rep for “The Wendy Williams Show” didn’t comment and a rep for the host didn’t return our request for comment.

Earlier this year, Williams checked into a sober house to treat a drug and alcohol addiction relapse.

On Monday’s episode, Williams didn’t address Toni’s threats and instead focused on how she’s the “same girl, just different” since moving to New York City following her separation from husband Kevin Hunter.

• 1 year later...

Wendy Williams... how U doin...

Yes ma'am - ready for the Hot Topic

Wendy Williams revealed on her show Monday morning that her mother, Shirley Skinner Williams, has died.

Williams, 56, said her mom passed away “many, many, many, many weeks ago” surrounded by her family.

“You know how you lose track of the day and time? All I know was it was a long time ago,” the daytime talk show host, holding back tears, shared. “The five of us, my mom, dad, my siblings, the five of us – she will always be here.”

The author noted that her mom, who often appeared on her daughter’s eponymous talk show, died “beautifully and peacefully and surrounded by love. She didn’t suffer, thank God.”

She did not reveal the cause of death.

Williams described her relationship with her mom as “that of two teenage girls” and said they became closer when she left for college.

“Gone is the best mother, the best girlfriend that a girl could ever have,” Williams said.

Shirley worked as a teacher in New Jersey. She’s survived by her husband, Thomas Williams Sr., as well as her children, Wendy, Wanda and Thomas Williams.

• 9 months later...

Wendy Williams has COVID-19, so the season premiere of her eponymous talk show has been postponed to Oct. 4.

"While continuing her health evaluations, Wendy has tested positive for a breakthrough case of COVID-19," said a statement on the 57-year-old's social media account Wednesday.

It continued, "To allow Wendy time to quarantine and fully recover and to ensure that our production abides by all SAG/AFTRA and DGA COVID protocols, we expect to begin the 13th season of The Wendy Williams Show on Monday, October 4th. In the meantime, repeats are scheduled."

While Williams expressed concern about getting the vaccine early this year — with Dr. Oz appearing on her show in March to explain that it is safe — she is fully vaccinated, a source confirms to Yahoo Entertainment.

Vaccine breakthrough infections — which remain rare — occur when a fully vaccinated person gets infected with COVID-19. However, the vaccine is still doing its job in providing protection against the most severe forms of the disease. As a result, hospitalized or fatal COVID-19 vaccine breakthrough cases are uncommon. 

Williams has been dealing the health issues as of late and canceled scheduled appearances to promote her talk show. Last Thursday, the show announced Williams has "ongoing health issues" and is "undergoing further evaluations." As a result, she was canceling "her promotional activities" this week, but the premiere was still expected to take place on Sept. 20.

In recent years, Williams has taken time off from work due to her heath, including Graves' disease, an immune system disorder that causes the thyroid to become overactive, something she was first diagnosed with in 1999. She also spent time in a sober living residential facility to treat her addiction to alcohol and prescription drugs. 

At the end of last season of the Wendy Williams Show, she welcomed back her studio audience, or "co-hosts," as she refers to viewers. Per show rules, it's required that audience members are fully vaccinated and must wear masks on studio premises at all times.

• 4 months later...

Sherri Shepherd to be named ‘permanent guest host’ of ‘Wendy Williams Show’

https://pagesix.com/2022/02/08/sherri-shepherd-named-permanent-guest-host-of-wendy-williams-show/

Sherri Shepherd is set to be named the “permanent guest host” of “The Wendy Williams Show” following her health hiatus in September 2021.

Beginning September 2022, former “The View” co-host Shepherd, 54, will take over the series regularly, however one source tells Page Six that the move will not be forever.

TMZ reports that producers will monitor Williams progress between now and September, which is when they would premiere the show’s 15th season.

If the media maven is healthy enough to host by then, she’ll be welcomed back with open arms. If not, Shepherd will take over and producers will consider a name change for the talk show.

A show rep has told Page Six that they don’t comment on speculation.

• 2 weeks later...

TV will never be the same...

'Wendy Williams Show' to end, Sherri Shepherd talk show will take its place

Daytime TV is undergoing some changes, as Sherri Shepherd is in full-time and Wendy Williams, host of the long-running The Wendy Williams Show, is out, at least for now.

Shepherd, who's been filling in as a rotating guest host amid Williams's health issues, is set to launch her own daytime talk show, fittingly titled Sherri, in fall 2022. Sherri will move into the same time slots that are currently held by The Wendy Williams Show, with many production staffers moving over, including David Perler, Williams's longtime executive producer and showrunner.

"Sherri is a natural who proved her hosting skills for many years as a panelist on The View, on FOX’s Dish Nation and again this season as a popular guest host of Wendy," Debmar-Mercury Co-Presidents Mort Marcus and Ira Bernstein said in a statement on Tuesday. "Like our viewers, we have been impressed by the unique comedic twist Sherri puts on our daily live 'Hot Topics' segment, her creativity and interactions with our guests. Her love for the content and daytime fans is obvious, and we are excited to partner with her to create another long-term talk franchise."

They add, "This is also a bittersweet moment for us and our partners at FOX. We all have a great love and affinity for Wendy, who grew into a true icon during her 12 incredible seasons as the solo host of a live, daily talk show dishing on 'Hot Topics' and interviewing celebrities. Since Wendy is still not available to host the show as she continues on her road to recovery, we believe it is best for our fans, stations and advertising partners to start making this transition now. We hope to be able to work with Wendy again in the future, and continue to wish her a speedy and full recovery."

Williams issued a statement through her spokesperson, Howard Bragman.

"It's been a challenging time for Wendy as she deals with her health issues. She is incredibly grateful to Debmar-Mercury, to Sherri and everybody else who has supported the show through this time," Bragman said. "She, more than anyone, understands the reality of syndicated television — you can't go to the marketplace and sell a show that's the 'Maybe Wendy Show.' She understands why this decision was made from a business point of view, and she has been assured by Debmar-Mercury that should her health get to a point where she can host again and should her desire be that she hosts again that she would be back on TV at that time."

Williams's well-being has sparked concern among fans. For one thing, the Emmy-nominated star suffers from the autoimmune disorder Graves' disease, which causes the overproduction of thyroid hormones and symptoms such as fatigue. She also struggled with COVID-19 last year.

However, a source close to the situation told People earlier this month that many rumors swirling around Williams's condition were untrue. "Reports of a stroke, drugs or addiction issues or a dementia diagnosis are all false. Whether Wendy can return in the fall will depend on how her healing goes over the summer," the source said. "Her health is the most important thing."

Just last week, Williams spoke out in a video shared on her new Instagram account. She says she's in Florida and talks about taking a break from the spotlight; however, fans don't believe it's a current video.

Williams says she has family in Florida and mentions her mother, but she announced in 2020 that Shirley Williams had died. Also, Williams turned 57 in July 2021, but in the video, she repeatedly says she's 56. She has not posted in four days.

https://www.aol.com/entertainment/wendy-williams-show-end-sherri-163744233.html

I first got into Wendy when I was in rehab after back surgery in Feb, 2012.  They put it on everyday in the main rehab room.  Au revoir, mes ami !

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it