He was probably trying to call Progressive for a quote

samhexum
This topic is 2068 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Prank calling has never been this cold-blooded.

A veterinarian at a Hawaii marine animal hospital was perplexed by an onslaught of mystery phone calls, until she found the scaly fiend behind the nuisance calls — a gecko crawling across the touchscreen of an office phone.

The first call to Dr. Claire Simeone, hospital director at the Ke Kai Ola monk seal care center, came while she was grabbing lunch on Oct. 4, according to a Twitter thread detailing the saga.

“I thought maybe someone had a seal-related question. I picked up,” she wrote. “Silence.”

But the calls kept right on coming.

“NINE calls in 15 minutes,” Simeone wrote. “I start to panic a bit, and drive back to the hospital. Seal emergency? I am on it.”

When Simeone got back to the hospital, she found that all was calm, and no one copped to calling her.

Then came another call, listed to a familiar number.

“It’s coming from INSIDE the hospital,” Simeone wrote.

Adding to the confusion, the hospital then started receiving a slew of outside calls asking why they too were getting non-stop, inexplicable calls from the center.

Befuddled, Simeone eventually called the phone company thinking that there must be an issue with their service.

“He confirms that, yes, a bazillion calls are coming from one line,” she wrote. “He asks me to look around to find the problem line.”

“I walk around the hospital. Not the fish kitchen. Not the office. Not the viewing room,” Simeone recalled. “I enter the laboratory. That’s the line! I approach the phone…”

That’s where she caught the culprit cold-footed on the a phone’s touchscreen, “MAKING CALLS WITH HIS TINY GECKO FEET!!!”

All told, the reptile called Simeone 15 times, as well as everyone on the hospital’s recent call list.

“Well, I haven’t heard that one before,” the amused phone company worker said, according to Simeone.

Simeone “immediately hired [the] gecko,” which she at least credits for opening up a new possible revenue stream for the marine mammal center.

“@GEICO corporate sponsorships available,” she cracked.

181009-gecko-hospital-phone-calls-feature.jpg