Fort Lauderdale Gay Guest Houses

rocky
This topic is 1738 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I had a similar situation to yours. A few years ago, having always stayed at the Worthington, I was unable to get a reservation so I chose The Grand Resort and Spa. It is only a few steps away from the Worthington and I was very pleased. The rooms are nice, there are two pools and they also serve a complimentary breakfast. I recommend it highly.

www.grandresort.net

I second the Grand Resort

Pineapple Point http://www.pineapplepoint.com/

Royal Palms Spa and Resort http://royalpalms.com/ Their Sunday Fundays were legendary, and on almost any given night there was fun to be had at the pool side bar. However a few years back, they went through a change so as to be more inclusive in the growing North Beach tourist crowd. I bought here in FTL a few years ago and settled in, so I haven't really been back, so it is difficult to vouch for the atmosphere now. For a nominal amount, you can buy a day pass to the pool to see if it's to your liking.

Edited by bigvalboy

Looks interesting. I like the Grand Villa with a private courtyard with pool. I would hope it's hidden of others outside the courtyard so as not be able to view people enjoying themselves in and out of the pool.

Yes, all the guest house pools are hidden, otherwise you might as well stay at a Hilton. LOL. AS I remember, the Grand has two pools.

• 10 months later...

I will be in FLL for a brief stay soon. Pineapple Point was recommended by local friends. But I decided against because

1. The video tours I saw online present the basic rooms as small, and queen-kitschy, (eg beaded lamp shades, feather boa trim, etc.) and old-apartment style bathrooms. I arrive late one night and leave very early morning 30 hours later... so upgrading to villa would seem wa$teful. Previous visitors: am I getting the right impression based on the video?
  2. Last time I went to gay guesthouse was Big Ruby's Key West in 2001. It was nice. Im not seeking playtime at the pool, or knocks on my door... but I do enjoy communal breakfast, chatting with other guests, etc. So, wondering what the place is like.
  3. I hate that their reservation policy is $50 non-refundable fee, even if cancelled months in advance.
  4. FLL is inexpensive compared to other tourist destinations. Im booked in a nice hotel for well under $200/night. Same would cost $350+ here in SF, or even Miami. But now I'm reconsidering....

Update: after posting this, I looked through several travel sites and decided to give The Cabanas a try. And they have a 4-night minimum. No-go.

Edited by LaffingBear