Manifest (New NBC TV Series)

Avalon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_(TV_series)

People take an airline flight and arrive five years later and have not aged. Some hear voices (their own) telling them what to do.

I hope the show lasts long enough so we find out what it's all about. I hope we won't be disappointed like with "Lost".

Reminds me a little of "The 4400".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_4400

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

In the 3rd season premiere, the actress playing the religious mother seemed so familiar... I paused the scene, determined I definitely knew her, but couldn't place her. I even rewound to the beginning and the guest credits. Nada. When it was over, just as I was about to go check IMDB, it struck me... Sherry Stringfield (of ER).

When I checked her IMDB it showed no credits since 2017, and when I checked the episode on IMDB, it didn't show anybody for the role. Hmm... ? I guess I might have been wrong, but that happens so rarely, I forget what it feels like.

Edited by samhexum

I've never watched it, but the commercial for the New season seemed intriguing, so i watched last night, but obviously I didnt know what was going on, I only knew what the premise of the show was.... They are promising to tell us what the "secret" of the doomed flight is...... I am waiting to find out. And after seeing those dead people "resurrect" at the end of the episode tonight, I am hooked now.

However, I gave up on DEBRIS..... I just couldnt understand it.....

after seeing those dead people "resurrect" at the end of the episode tonight, I am hooked now.

I believe the first 2 seasons had only 29 episodes, so you could binge. One episode last season was partly shot in an empty bank on Queens Blvd that was fixed up to appear open. It was on the block of the long-shuttered Center Cinema, which had its marquee fixed up for the shoot. As an inside joke, they had it showing the film ARRIVAL. The area should be very familiar to you, as it is diagonally across from the White Castle in Sunnyside.

Edited by samhexum

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It has been saved!  (sort of)  The creator's original vision was for a six-season story.  However, NBC & Netflix have agreed to a 20 episode 4th season that will wrap everything up.

On 6/21/2021 at 8:56 AM, jjkrkwood said:

Some Shocking twists in the Season Finale (Crazy bitch Angelina)  .....  The shows future is in doubt, but they cant let it end like this.... I still cant figure the fuck out WHAT is going on  !

On 4/2/2021 at 8:44 AM, Coolwave35 said:

I enjoy this show very much even though certain characters are really annoying.

Edited by samhexum

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2021 at 3:57 PM, samhexum said:

It has been saved!  (sort of)  The creator's original vision was for a six-season story.  However, NBC & Netflix have agreed to a 20 episode 4th season that will wrap everything up.

I'm glad they are doing a 20 ep season rather the standard 10 Netflix usually does or a tv movie to end the show. There are too many plot lines to conclude for it to work in such a short time frame.

• 11 months later...
On 10/8/2021 at 2:09 AM, Islesguy said:

I'm glad they are doing a 20 ep season rather the standard 10 Netflix usually does or a tv movie to end the show. There are too many plot lines to conclude for it to work in such a short time frame.

Season 4 will be split into two 10-episode parts, with Part 1 premiering Friday, Nov. 4. Set two years after Grace’s brutal murder turned the Stone family’s lives upside down, the new season finds them “in shambles as a devastated Ben continues to mourn his wife and search for his kidnapped daughter Eden,” per the official synopsis. “Consumed by his grief, Ben has stepped down from his role as co-captain of the ‘lifeboat,’ leaving Michaela to captain it alone — a near-impossible feat with the passengers’ every move now being monitored by a government registry.

“As the Death Date draws closer and the passengers grow desperate for a path to survival, a mysterious passenger arrives with a package for Cal that changes everything they know about Flight 828 and will prove to be the key to unlocking the secret of the Callings in this compelling, mind-bending, and deeply emotional journey.”

Season 3 ended with several major twists, including fellow 828 passenger Angelina fatally stabbing Grace and then kidnapping Eden, believing that the infant is her guardian angel; Michaela and Zeke seemingly about to have a break-up conversation; Cal vanishing into thin air after touching the tail fin at the Eureka lab and reappearing a whole five years older; and Captain Daly suddenly appearing inside the 828 cockpit at Eureka and then disappearing with the entire plane in a flash of light.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The last 10 episodes dropped June 2nd, & I finally watched the first 2 a month ago, then binged the rest this weekend.  I found the ending satisfying enough, though there was some eye-rolling along the way.  It was absolutely more satisfying than LOST's finale.