2 Movie Scenes I Didn't Understand

friendofsheila
This topic is 6479 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Movie Scene I didn't understand (#1)

In MIDNIGHT COWBOY, there were some flashback scenes where Joe remembers being pulled out of a car while on a date, being thrown down on the hood of the car and then.... what? I couldn't figure out what was going on and why it was a traumatic memory.

Can someone fill in the details?

Movie Scene I didn't understand (#2)

In CIRCUIT (2002?) the main character, the gay policeman relocated to LA, walks into a party, with a friend, where there are lots of gay men. He doesn't know anybody there. He smiles at people as he looks around the party. The friend says to him, "Don't smile so much! You'll....." and then I couldn't hear the rest of what he said.

You'll what? What would he be warning against smiling at a party? Could anybody hear the last of that bit of dialogue?

The last time I saw Midnight Cowboy was when it was in the theaters for its first run in the late 60s, so I don't remember that scene.

However, for #2-- did you try turning on the closed captioning and/or subtitles?

>However, for #2-- did you try turning on the closed captioning

>and/or subtitles?

This was on VHS, otherwise I would have. I've heard that the "director's cut" version is out on DVD (with more of what I considered one of the few worthwhile things in the movie - male nudity) so I might rent it again.

I have the impression he was raised by some woman or women who associated with unsavory characters who for some reason decided to rape him in front of his girl friend (who may have been raped as well).

I don't really remember if any of this was explained in any way except through confusing flashbacks.

...Hoover

• 1 month later...

>Movie Scene I didn't understand (#2)

>

>In CIRCUIT (2002?) the main character, the gay policeman

>relocated to LA, walks into a party, with a friend, where

>there are lots of gay men. He doesn't know anybody there. He

>smiles at people as he looks around the party. The friend

>says to him, "Don't smile so much! You'll....." and then I

>couldn't hear the rest of what he said.

Chapter 3

John (the ex-cop), Gil and Tad walk in a spectacular house up in the hills where most of the gay hollywood mafia is invited to a private party. Gil says to the new comer John - "Don't smile and don't get seduced by objects like credit cards".

The director's cut doesn't say much more.

Hope this helps, Dave.

Steven Draker ~

email StevenDraker@yahoo.com

website http://www.hotsexystud.com/uk

reviews http://www.daddysreviews.com/review.php?who=steven_draker_brussels

Archived