Spas in Los Angeles

Jamesryan
This topic is 1964 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Prince's good but if you want steam and sauna and jacuzzi my vote is for Century Spa.

Have you actually had the massage services there?

I've had a half dozen and they're okay. Keep in mind that the massage area may be shared with two other clients and then there's the ambient noise from the shower area (depending on day and time can be filled with loud chatty queens). So if privacy and serenity are your thing, I would avoid Century.

Some guys have said they've gotten extras, but I really doubt it. All the masseurs are Asian btw, and most of them middle age.

As for the steamroom, it's a sex den. If you're Asian (and not a "unicorn"), you can expect to have the majority white clientele walk out on you. Some will give you nasty looks on the way out.

The worst is when an actual straight, often older, Korean wants to use the steam room (God forbid) and the white/Latin/black guys make their intolerance known. It's not uncommon to see older Korean man literally get scowled at and stared down until he leaves.

Ditto with the jacuzzi. The moment an Asian guy goes in everyone gets up and leaves as if he has leprosy. Which I guess is a good thing if you want the open space. And it just tells you what type of race/power dynamics take place at a KOREAN spa.

Have you actually had the massage services there?

I've had a half dozen and they're okay. Keep in mind that the massage area may be shared with two other clients and then there's the ambient noise from the shower area (depending on day and time can be filled with loud chatty queens). So if privacy and serenity are your thing, I would avoid Century.

Some guys have said they've gotten extras, but I really doubt it. All the masseurs are Asian btw, and most of them middle age.

As for the steamroom, it's a sex den. If you're Asian (and not a "unicorn"), you can expect to have the majority white clientele walk out on you. Some will give you nasty looks on the way out.

The worst is when an actual straight, often older, Korean wants to use the steam room (God forbid) and the white/Latin/black guys make their intolerance known. It's not uncommon to see older Korean man literally get scowled at and stared down until he leaves.

Ditto with the jacuzzi. The moment an Asian guy goes in everyone gets up and leaves as if he has leprosy. Which I guess is a good thing if you want the open space. And it just tells you what type of race/power dynamics take place at a KOREAN spa.

Ditto for white/black/latin men over 40, overweight, or otherwise non-conforming to some random set of standards. That place is gross.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...