Do you check on your home remotely?

samhexum
This topic is 2099 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Man turns on pet cam just as friend leaps to her death

A 51-year-old woman who was apartment-sitting leaped to her death Monday morning — as her horrified pal watched in real time from a dog camera inside the Midtown home, sources told The Post.

The woman — a California resident with a history of psychiatric problems (isn't that redundant? :rolleyes::p:D;))— threw herself from the building on Park Avenue near East 36th Street around 8:50 a.m., sources said.

The apartment owner tried calling her while on his way home from the airport but after getting no answer, he cued into his dog cam. That’s when he witnessed her opening a window and jumping out.

The woman landed in a courtyard in the back of the building, sources said.

FDNY medics responded to the scene and declared her dead, fire officials said.

Her body was removed around 10:20 a.m.

Details about why the woman jumped were not immediately available. Sources said she didn’t leave a note.

Edited by samhexum

I remembered where you live when you rightly complained about leaf blowers early in the morning last spring, or were you visiting New England? I grew up in Massachusetts.

I've complained about leaf blowers. I've not checked but I think my town has sound ordinance because one can tell when it's 7AM :)

But it's ignored in hot weather. As soon as the sun comes up the noise often begins.

If there were one modern invention I'd would do away with it wouldn't be the bomb but the leaf blower!

When I was young I mowed the lawn. There was a bag on the mower to collect the clippings. When it got full I emptied it. I don't know what the people do with the leaf blowers. I've never seen anyone gather up the stuff they've blown, only moved it around.

I remembered where you live when you rightly complained about leaf blowers early in the morning last spring, or were you visiting New England? I grew up in Massachusetts.

Both - I was complaining about my neighbor's lawn service working at 7AM on Saturday and I visit Boston often.

I believe that someone (or perhaps me) posted something about the highly restrictive noise ordnance in Newton MA - where my son lives - and how ineffective leaf blowers were as a result.

Man turns on pet cam just as friend leaps to her death

A 51-year-old woman who was apartment-sitting leaped to her death Monday morning — as her horrified pal watched in real time from a dog camera inside the Midtown home, sources told The Post.

The woman — a California resident with a history of psychiatric problems (isn't that redundant? :rolleyes::p:D;))— threw herself from the building on Park Avenue near East 36th Street around 8:50 a.m., sources said.

The apartment owner tried calling her while on his way home from the airport but after getting no answer, he cued into his dog cam. That’s when he witnessed her opening a window and jumping out.

The woman landed in a courtyard in the back of the building, sources said.

FDNY medics responded to the scene and declared her dead, fire officials said.

Her body was removed around 10:20 a.m.

Details about why the woman jumped were not immediately available. Sources said she didn’t leave a note.

Is suicide really funny enough to need four emoticons?