What does it mean to be gay?

Boston Guy
This topic is 7149 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Have you read "The End of Gay and the Death of Heterosexuality" by Bert Archer? If you have, I would be interested in our reactions; if not, you might want to pick it up--it's published in paperback by Thunder's Mouth Press @ $14.95 US. The author is Canadian and writes a column in a Toronto magazine, among others things.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy, I can't wait to see if Skeptic responds to your question!

}(

BG

ps: I am not in any way demeaning the point you are making and apologize for hijacking your very well-intended post... it's just that it's been a long time since Skeptic has been here... I think. :-)

RE: Gay vs. homosexual

One point that I remember saying, probably at about this time, but obviously on another thread, is that for me there is a profound difference between these two words. A homosexual person is one who does homosexual acts. A gay man is a homosexual who accepts that fact and is proud of it.

And I often have more trouble believeing in Kinsey 1s and 6s than I do in 2 - 5. I think we're all basically bisexual, but, as the deeper thinkers above have said, most of us come to a self description we're comfortable with. And, IMHO, anything which shakes that can bring on symptoms which make us think that we are either a 1 or a 6.

Archived