I Am So Fortunate!

Avalon
This topic is 2123 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Sometimes I get to feeling down but I have this place to come to.

And I look around and think back, there are those who are worse off than I am.

I shared in another thread that both my mother and her father died in their 50s. I have outlived both of them. My mother's brother died in his 40s.

And though my maternal grandmother lived into her 80s because of diabetes she had to have both legs amputated below the knees while in her 70s.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My landlord called me this morning. He is going on vacation for a couple of weeks and wanted to make sure I had enough groceries. How thoughtful is that!

Edited by Avalon

My sister committed suicide in her 40s and my niece (her daughter) died a couple of years ago in her early 50s.

My mother died on 30 June. And though it was over 40 years ago the weeks before the date I start to get feeling down. And then my birthday two months later. But after that I start feeling better. My favorite season is Autumn.

IIRC, in another thread you mentioned taking your nieces to the county fair when they were young. What happened to the other niece?

~Boomer~

My other niece has a doctorate from the University of California at Berkeley in I think drama. She is some kind of hospital administrator. She is married, no children. My niece that died left behind a boyfriend, she had no children. I have a nephew also, girlfriend and no children.

I have not seen my niece this century but we email several times a year. The niece that died I last saw back in the 80s and my nephew in the 70s.

My sister is actually a half-sister; older than me, same mother different fathers.

Do you have any first cousins, @Avalon.

Only on my father's side. Had five but now four.

The one who died, died of cancer. Two have heart problems and one has kidney problems.

They are older than me but one and I am a few months older than she is.

The last time I saw any of them was at my father's funeral in 2000.

Edited by Avalon