FORGOTTEN TV COMEDY, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s

Avalon
This topic is 2095 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Gertude Berg was an excellent actress away from 'The Goldberg."

She did a play on Broadway, "A Majority of One" with Sir Cedric Hardwick. A hit. After Broadway, Berg anf Hardwick performed the play in summer theaters. I was very, very lucky to see them in a theater in Framingham, MA.

She did a play on Broadway, "A Majority of One" with Sir Cedric Hardwicke. A hit. After Broadway, Berg and Hardwicke performed the play in summer theaters. I was very, very lucky to see them in a theater in Framingham, MA.

What!!? Somebody put on a show and you were there, @WilliamM! :)

Total digression from the theme here (but Cedric Hardwicke doesn't come up every day): He has a great part in one of my favorite old movies, On Borrowed Time (1939) with Lionel Barrymore, Beulah Bondi, and Bobs Watson (youngest and greatest of the Watson family of kid actors).

OK, to get back to the intended theme of the thread: a couple of years after working together in A Majority of One, Gertrude Berg and Cedric Hardwicke did a TV sitcom together in the 1961-62 season -- Mrs. G. Goes to College, later re-titled The Gertrude Berg Show.

Gertude Berg was an excellent actress away from 'The Goldberg."

She did a play on Broadway, "A Majority of One" with Sir Cedric Hardwick. A hit. After Broadway, Berg anf Hardwick performed the play in summer theaters. I was very, very lucky to see them in a theater in Framingham, MA.

Gertrude and Cedric were in a short-lived tv series together. It's on YouTube

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs._G._Goes_to_College