Upcoming Dr. Who season

bnm73
This topic is 2090 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This is the one with a female Doctor Who? I'll pass. I don't like when they change the gender or ethnicity of a well-known character.

I'm willing to give her a chance. Jodie Whitakker is a pretty damned fine actress. And she can't be less likable than the last Doctor (Peter Capaldi).

The Doctor changes fairly frequently, though. There have been 5 in the 11 seasons of the "new Who." I agree that I was taken aback when the show runner started making Time Lords' genders fluid when regenerating (screws with all sorts of lore from the classic series), but it's science fiction. Besides, the last show runner was a douche and a half and just HAD to make changes for change's sake.

I'm a big fan of the new series but have not seen much of the classic stuff. What lore does it screw with?

Until last year, for example, there were "Time Lords" -- like The Doctor -- and "Time Ladies" -- like his former companion Romana. Genders did not change just because of a regeneration.

Was The Master considered a Time Lord, or just a Gallifreyan? He regenerated as Missy.

The Master was/is(?) a Time Lord, first introduced as such during the early stories of the 3rd Doctor. For most of the time with Missy, I was expecting her to really be revealed to be a regeneration of the Rani -- who was a Time Lady nemesis of the Doctor.