LA: Ummmm

CMail01
This topic is 2110 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

One (not especially well-written) review:

"Caruso’s movie is one of those old-fashioned feel-good crowd pleasers that will appeal to all those who love a happy ending to their LGBT stories. His Vito is charming and funny and surrounded by a coterie of campy gay characters that border on stereotypes at times. His very modern approach to being a Catholic Father seemed a tad surreal at times especially for someone who puts great store on his vow of chastity yet still insisted on regularly exposing himself to temptations he knew that he simply could not resist.

Kudos to Derek Babbs for adding an authentic sense of realism to the piece with his compelling nuanced performance as Gabe.

Brotherly Love is an entertaining movie and perfect for a date night, especially if the other person is a Catholic priest."

http://www.queerguru.com/2018/06/brotherly-love

Another, better-written review -- and a scathing one at that.

"The inept, painfully overlong “Brotherly Love” is a film so seemingly taken with its own endlessly campy, corny and clichéd self that, at nearly two hours, it contains maybe 30 minutes of flab. But even in a more condensed form, it would still be an unconvincing eye-roller.

Writer-director-star Anthony J. Caruso isn’t fully up to any one of his tasks here..."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-mini-brotherly-love-review-20180801-story.html

In my experience, Anthony is a really nice guy and has always provided a great massage. I knew him in Austin before he moved out to LA. I haven’t seen his film, but I can see why the reviews would be what they are both good and bad. But still... great guy in my experience of him.