TV series Looking and Russell Tovey

This topic is 2119 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Have been binge watching Looking these couple days. I like the series and find it charming. Too bad it got awful ratings and didn't last that long. This is also the first time I have ever watched Russell Tovey play a role. I have to say I am not that impressed with him being an actor. Kevin was a juicy role, but I just feel Russell Tovey's performance was rather flat and one-noted. Even his facial expression can be wooden sometimes, especially against Jonathan Groff. Of course he is cute with those flappy dumbo ears. How tall is he by the way?

On the other hand, Jonathan Groff's Patrick was so much livelier. He commanded the screen. I also like the role of Richie. The actor, Raul Castillo, is not that classically handsome (though still hot), but the more you watch Richie, the more you like him. His performance had depth.

The best looking guy in the show is Dom.

I enjoyed the show very much. I found the writing to be good for the most part. Of course Groff’s acting was superb. It’s Groff after all. I thought Tovey’s acting was fine.

The old IMDB message boards were very active with Looking fans. I miss them.

I think that the show would have been immensely better if it had been an hour long format rather than an half-hour.