Anyone Been To The Versailles Palace?

Avalon
This topic is 2157 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

please stop with the Wikipedia - we are all on-line

It's an easy resource. I know that it has its flaws. If anyone does not like a post with a Wiki link then my advice is to simply skip that post.

Years ago when I first went online I had a lot of questions. My edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica was before the moon landing. Someone told me "Wikipedia is your friend". I've taken that to heart.

When / if the moderators ask me to do so of course I'll comply.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was some commercial not too long ago - I forget for what - that took place in the Hall of Mirrors. A rope dropped down to a woman from a dome. There is no dome in the Hall of Mirrors. I wonder many watching that commercial caught that error?

Yes! It was for Dior j’adore, with Charlize Theron. (I seem to remember another version of the same commercial with her too, along with CGI versions of Grace Kelly & Marlene Dietrich...?)

There was some commercial not too long ago - I forget for what - that took place in the Hall of Mirrors. A rope dropped down to a woman from a dome. There is no dome in the Hall of Mirrors. I wonder many watching that commercial caught that error?

Yes! It was for Dior j’adore, with Charlize Theron. (I seem to remember another version of the same commercial with her too, along with CGI versions of Grace Kelly & Marlene Dietrich...?)

San Gimignano sounds really great. Have you ever been back?

Never made it back to Italy or continental Europe after I returned from being stationed in Italy. That was my last duty station after twelve years in the USN. I did take a trip to London around 2009 and spent five days there. Pretty amazing trip!