Hot Buns in a Jockstrap

This topic is 2142 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Off-Broadway’s long been the place to discover fresh faces. Now and then, along comes something cheekier: a dashing derrière.

That last belongs to Trey, the young hottie of the Roundabout Theatre Company’s “Skintight.” Idina Menzel, in a rare, non-singing role, plays Jodi, the divorced daughter of a gay, fashion-designer father — but even that “Frozen” star is eclipsed by the twin moons of Jodi’s dad’s 20-year-old boyfriend.

Especially when Trey sits down beside her, and the only thing coming between the sofa and his greatest asset is a jockstrap. It’s a showstopper, for sure.

As playwright Joshua Harmon has Trey say, “It’s so weird, cause like, I never do nothing for my ass, you know, in the gym or whatever … It’s just naturally this way.”

Trey may not have to work at it, but Will Brittain, the 27-year-old actor who plays him, sure does.

“I wanted him to look like a cornfed country boy,” says Brittain, “so you want to look your best.” He says the past six years he spent as a personal trainer between acting jobs helped him prepare for just that.

Between shows at the Laura Pels Theatre — in pants, a T-shirt and a khaki baseball cap — Brittain sounds a lot like Trey does, his speech a soft, Southern drawl punctuated by some “yes, ma’ams.” He comes by it naturally, having grown up in a small town in Texas. And while he’s played the boy toy before, in the 2013 film “A Teacher,” Brittain says Trey is a lot smarter than he looks.

His director agrees.

“The role is more complex than that,” director Daniel Aukin tells The Post. “I don’t want to give too much away, but over the course of an evening, Will brings a depth and intelligence to the part that is remarkable.”

So are the weekly workouts that go with it. Although no one asked Brittain to buff up for his off-Broadway debut, he says he was determined to make Trey the chiseled object of desire “Skintight” tells us he is.

Luckily, says the actor — who lives in Los Angeles with his wife, Bianca, a former ballerina he met at college — the NYC apartment building he’s staying in has a gym.

“I do upper-body work Monday,” he says. “On Tuesday, I run sprints, and on Wednesday, I do abs for an hour — that’s the worst day ever!”

He says he does some heavy lifting on Thursday, a bit more upper-body work on Friday and goes for a run on Saturday.

And Sunday? “Sunday, I lay on the couch and do nothing,” he says, smiling. “Maybe get a massage!”

cheeky1a.jpg