Recommended: Won't You Be My Neighbor?

Courage
This topic is 2139 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Not sure if this is the right corner of the forum to post, but I wanted to recommend the documentary about Fred Rogers currently in theaters. Most of the audience was a bit misty by the end.

Several interesting bits of gay history.

A fascinating part of it was Rogers' professional relationship and personal interaction with François Clemmons, a gay black man who Rogers recruited to play the police officer on the show.

Another bit, which I never thought about, was perceptions of Rogers' own sexuality. There's a weird moment when Tom Snyder asks Rogers to his face whether he's straight (Rogers' answer is edited out). Clemmons and his wife say he was straight.

Oh, and Westboro showed up at his funeral.

I didn't leave thinking he was Jesus or anything, but I did like him a lot better than when I was a kid.

My father has a cousin who is the gayest men I've ever met who was married & "straight". Being married to a woman, doesn't make you "straight".

I didn't make an assertion one way or the other--just reported the statements of his wife and a gay guy who knew him 50 years. If your own Mr. Rogers is gay, cool beans.

I didn't make an assertion one way or the other--just reported the statements of his wife and a gay guy who knew him 50 years. If your own Mr. Rogers is gay, cool beans.

Not at all....I lived in Pittsburgh for several years and never heard any rumors otherwise. Just saying, that people's sexuality is no always available for public opinion.

A little Trivia: The area behing WQED in Pittsburgh which broadcast Mr. Roger's Neighborhood was a notorious hook up area for gay college students, in the 1980's as it lay midway between University of Pittsburgh, and Carnegie Mellon University with a gay bar "The Holiday" in between and nearby. I've gotten my dick sucked many times just outside their offices. *Good times*

Edited by pubic_assistance