Last minute cancellation

Mplsgymguy
This topic is 1366 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

What do you think of this? I contacted a team that does 4-hand massage and asked if they ever work individually. They replied that they prefer to work together but do 2-handed occasionally. I made an appt with one of the guys, then 15 mins before the appointed time (and just as I was leaving my house) I get a text that the masseur in question isn’t “comfortable” doing massage w/o his other half. I wrote, OK I’m not comfortable with both of you. Shallow of me, I know, but the other guy just did not appeal to me at all.

What do you think of this? I contacted a team that does 4-hand massage and asked if they ever work individually. They replied that they prefer to work together but do 2-handed occasionally. I made an appt with one of the guys, then 15 mins before the appointed time (and just as I was leaving my house) I get a text that the masseur in question isn’t “comfortable” doing massage w/o his other half. I wrote, OK I’m not comfortable with both of you. Shallow of me, I know, but the other guy just did not appeal to me at all.

Bad business practice. You dodged a bullet.

They might have other bad business practices besides this one. If you feel comfortable and can disclose their ads here or via pm would be helpful.

Edited by 7829V

Guest InthePines

Yes, that's fairly common. One of the couple is usually the hottest who's used as bait where as the other's like a mean house cat pimp who's holding the cards, directing the client's that if you want to touch that man pussy, you gotta go through this one.

Basically you were getting an upcharge to something you weren't wanting in the first place and my guess is, had it been an outcall, they'll would have just been a radio silent no show.

I no longer schedule anything with guys offering 4-handed massages.

I like individual 1-on-1 experiences and I know that they are likely to ditch me if another client who wants a 4-handed massage shows up. It's simple math to them, they earn way more money and they work together (which they like) that way, rather than have one work on me and the other being idle and bored. Granted, a promise we made is more important to the rest of us but a traveling masseur or a masseur couple are unlikely to see you ever again, so they are prone to behaving more opportunistically. The only downside to them being this forum :)

Plus how engaged can a masseur be if he is thinking about his boyfriend impatiently waiting in the other room, or wherever? So whenever a masseur tries to sell me a 4-handed upgrade I just cancel and move on.

Plus how engaged can a masseur be if he is thinking about his boyfriend impatiently waiting in the other room, or wherever?

I have a gut feeling this was at least part of the issue. One guy just didn’t want the other to do a solo, especially if he was going to be sitting in another room wondering how far the massage was going to go.

I don't think the one who agreed to a two hand session should have done so unless they were confident that they could follow through. Reading the ad, I get the sense that one of them may be the more established and possibly trained therapist (and not the one you were trying to schedule) so if the other one is less experienced that may be another reason he (or the partner) was unwilling to go forward with you solo.

I have had some good luck with 4 hands - they are definitely pricey so not the norm, but in almost every case I have found both of the masseurs focused appropriately on me and my experience.

There is another couple that does 4 handed massage that does the same thing as above. I requested a 2 handed massage and I didn’t get an option of who I wanted and of course I got the guy I didn’t want.

Guest InthePines
Here is the link for their ad on rentmasseur

https://rentmasseur.com/Billzlost

Last minute cancelations should never happen, short of an emergency anyway, for most of us put a degree of effort and preparation in prior to a massage and in this case, the masseur should have explained his position at the time of booking.

That said, you have to give it to these guys, for at least there's no deception in their marketing and they're stating up front that 4 hand is their brand. I think most of the complaints stem from the guys who want the best of both worlds, who market both services and then throw their two hand clients under the bus once they have the option of a more lucrative four hand scheduled.

This is particularly prevalent when the guys travel, for their novelty makes them very popular and there's simply no sense of any liability when they're outside their base market.

I had a 4-hand with these guys, which was OK. It seemed to me that one of them was much more skilled than the other so I asked if they ever work solo. Was told that they do, so - without giving away my feelings about their respective skills - I made the appt with the bearded guy. Then you know the rest. The thing that annoys me most is that the appt wasn’t canceled until 15 mins beforehand. And this was by text, so I don’t even know who really was writing to me. Did the one guy chicken out or did the other cancel and then tell his partner that *I’m* the one who canceled. Sorry, i know this is bothering me more than it probably should.

Guest InthePines
I had a 4-hand with these guys, which was OK. It seemed to me that one of them was much more skilled than the other so I asked if they ever work solo. Was told that they do, so - without giving away my feelings about their respective skills - I made the appt with the bearded guy. Then you know the rest. The thing that annoys me most is that the appt wasn’t canceled until 15 mins beforehand. And this was by text, so I don’t even know who really was writing to me. Did the one guy chicken out or did the other cancel and then tell his partner that *I’m* the one who canceled. Sorry, i know this is bothering me more than it probably should.

We've all been there. I've hired masseurs for three years and enjoyed a good track record doing so. This month, I've had my first complete no show and another text a shirtless photo of himself thirty minutes before he was scheduled to arrive and ask for one in return. I complied and then he canceled.

It's just part and parcel of the process and not worth letting it take your cell tissue. Set up another massage, ASAP, and don't let it ruin any more of your day.

"They replied that they prefer to work together but do 2-handed occasionally."

This would have been enough for me to move on. Massage is a highly personal service, when you corner someone into doing something they are not happy with how good can it be? The only way I might hire one of the two is when the other travels and is not in town, then you might have a shot, and "occasionally" probably refers to those situations.

They clearly want to work together and have issues they are working on. It's not like they hid their preference, they just stated it in too mild a way. Granted, it was unpleasant on your side but try to imagine the fight they might have had in the runup to the message you received? Finally, look at the bright side, there are other stories on this forum in which the masseurs ditch a 2-handed massage without any warning and never-ever even acknowledge or apologize. The world we live in.

PS I hope you didn't agree to pay the same price for the 2-handed massage and then cancelled when proposed to get 2 more hands for free? Think about what that might do to their interpersonal dynamics and self-esteem of one of the two. As I stated before, if you are into 2-handed, best not to mess with couples working together.

Edited by Capitano

I also preferred the bearded one, not only because he’s much better looking in person and has a great body, but he’s clearly much more skilled at massage. When you’re on a massage table you can tell as soon as the therapist puts his hands on you that he knows what he’s doing; a combination of training, experience, and instinct. Although these guys performed nicely together, I wanted the experience of the better masseur w/o the “distraction” of the 2nd guy, who was just sort of rubbing my legs or arms.

• 1 year later...

FWIW, I think these guys are working separately now....I had a massage with the asian guy, who honestly wasn't bad, gave a decent massage and was fun and playful. I do think I would prefer the bearded one (wasn't available when I booked at the last minute), but thinking that he would be good to give a whirl (I've heard from others that he is much more skilled at a lot of things). Time sometimes cures all ills - but it was a shixxy thing to do to cancel at the last minute.

• 3 months later...

I know Will (beard) well and he is probably my favorite masseur of those I’ve hired. He’s sweet, generous with his time, and a great masseur. He is also open minded, offers great advice, and reads his audience well. Barring the other comments here, which I think were associated with a semi toxic relationship he was in, if you can get him as an individual, he is amazing.