Would you retire to Ajijic?

marylander1940
This topic is 2172 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yes... I have considered the town of Ajijic as one of my first choices to retire. I have lived in Guadalajara and have visited Chapala many times. Over the years, I have noticed the large community of retired US citizens there.

Politically speaking, if I were a citizen of Mexico I would kill every American on sight. So, sew a Canadian flag on any backpack or jacket you bring. : )

Politically speaking, if I were a citizen of Mexico I would kill every American on sight. So, sew a Canadian flag on any backpack or jacket you bring. : )

I would rather imagine all the people living life in peace... :) I was actually born in Mexico, but now I am a US citizen. If you watched the video you will see how friendly the locals are towards any visitor. They quite often don't know the difference between US, Canadian, or European. Top of the morning to you! Cheers...!

Well, I’ve definitely given serious thought to having a winter retirement abode in Puerto Vallarta. I don’t think I’d like to live there in the summer/rainy season. The main reason I love traveling in México so much relates to the friendliness of its people. I’ll take México over Hawaii anytime. Certainly never encountered any hostility. I personally find the practice of wearing one’s flag of origin when in a foreign country somewhat obnoxious. Probably OK to me only if paired/crossed with the flag of one’s host country.

61Z6hkE4QCL._UX679_.jpg

Politically speaking, if I were a citizen of Mexico I would kill every American on sight.

Wow...well fortunately you’d be in the minority of American hating Mexicans. Majority of the population want to be in USA, big money, big politicians, big Cartel management are happy where they are.

I agree that in the US these communities are often grim, with uncaring aides, predatory pricing and doctors looking to pile even more dangerous drugs onto gullible seniors.

Not the ones that I have been familiar with. In fact, several right here in FTL are wonderful residences. Yes the cost is about 5k a month, but many seniors don't want to leave behind family and friends and the stripper boys...

Not the ones that I have been familiar with. In fact, several right here in FTL are wonderful residences. Yes the cost is about 5k a month, but many seniors don't want to leave behind family and friends and the stripper boys...

Yeah, make WeHo or some other place with strippers for me in the summer, Puerto Vallarta or FLL in the winter. To paraphrase Patrick Henry, “Give me strippers or give me death!”.