Masseurs Calling Clients

MRJJ
This topic is 2163 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Has anyone ever had a masseur place an unsolicited call to them?

I was on RentMasseur, and looked at a profile for a new masseur. He reached out to me on the RentMasseur email feature yesterday, as he saw I looked at his profile. I was ok with this as it was within the RM website.

However, I received a call from him today, looking to see if I was interested. I didn't pick up the phone, as I didn't recognize the number. So, he left me a message. First, IMHO, this breaks the boundaries of discretion. Second, I could not find where I left my phone number in RentMasseur.

Has anyone experienced this? How have you handled it?

p.s. - I sent him a note not to call me, but to only message me via RM. He apologized and agreed to only message me in the future.

Perhaps I’m paranoid but that sounds like entrapment. How would some random masseur get your phone number?

The only thing that I can think of is that I needed to provide it to RentMasseur to activate my account. However, I don't see it anywhere in my profile. Nonetheless, I changed my privacy settings so that providers cannot see if I viewed their profile.

That's weird. I don't even like the unsolicited texts from masseurs whom I have seen before. It can create an uncomfortable situation.

I agree with you! Most of the masseurs that I have worked with have the policy to call only if requested. This seemed a bit uncomfortable.

it's odd; we're living in a world where if you got to a site to check something out, you'll find an ad for it on your FB page; (let's hope THAT doesn't start happening with massage ads!)

I've had a past provider reach out to me ever six months or so asking if I want a massage; but I haven't liked him enough to repeat.

It's probably best when the contacting is done by the client.

Guest InthePines

That's really weird. I have a Rentmasseur account and I didn't provide my phone number to get it, so somehow your profile is linking you in an identifiable way. It's possible that you may have authorized RM to access your Twitter account, for the site have that feature.

I'd delete the profile and create a new one with a name and email that's unrelated to anything you've used in the past. If you do add a phone number, make it a TracFone.

All that said, that was a really ballsy thing for this guy to do. Like @Jason901, I've had guys text solicitations to me after I've hired them and I think even that's crossing the line.

Discretion isn't an upcharge, it's part of the base package. The client should always initiate the conversation even with repeat clients and all the pros know it.

That's really weird. I have a Rentmasseur account and I didn't provide my phone number to get it, so somehow your profile is linking you in an identifiable way. It's possible that you may have authorized RM to access your Twitter account, for the site have that feature.

I'd delete the profile and create a new one with a name and email that's unrelated to anything you've used in the past. If you do add a phone number, make it a TracFone.

All that said, that was a really ballsy thing for this guy to do. Like @Jason901, I've had guys text solicitations to me after I've hired them and I think even that's crossing the line.

Discretion isn't an upcharge, it's part of the base package. The client should always initiate the conversation even with repeat clients and all the pros know it.

I sent a note to the Webmaster at RM. I indicated that I could not find where my phone number was in my profile, and also asked how it can be removed.

Here is the response:

"Please, be informed that you can't delete the telephone number from your profile, but you can make your profile invisible."

Guest InthePines
I sent a note to the Webmaster at RM. I indicated that I could not find where my phone number was in my profile, and also asked how it can be removed.

Here is the response:

"Please, be informed that you can't delete the telephone number from your profile, but you can make your profile invisible."

I would delete the account and create a new one providing only a user name, email and your location, which you can manually change to a location other than your home. I used my grandparent's address and considering they've been dead for twenty years, I don't think they'll care.

I wouldn't disclose any personal information on these websites, for ultimately it's the providers job to provide information to entice clients. Our only responsibility is to pay the agreed upon rate.

I would delete the account and create a new one providing only a user name, email and your location, which you can manually change to a location other than your home. I used my grandparent's address and considering they've been dead for twenty years, I don't think they'll care.

I wouldn't disclose any personal information on these websites, for ultimately it's the providers job to provide information to entice clients. Our only responsibility is to pay the agreed upon rate.

Thanks. I will likely do this.

It happened to me. Got an unsolicited text from this guy when he was visiting LA

https://www.masseurfinder.com/massage-therapists/13473/

Said my number was in my profile. I know it was not. After a lot of back and forth I learned he got my number from this guy

https://www.masseurfinder.com/massage-therapists/30485/

I had reached out to Ricky for a massage. But never booked one. Glad now I didn't.

Guest InthePines
It happened to me. Got an unsolicited text from this guy when he was visiting LA

https://www.masseurfinder.com/massage-therapists/13473/

Said my number was in my profile. I know it was not. After a lot of back and forth I learned he got my number from this guy

https://www.masseurfinder.com/massage-therapists/30485/

I had reached out to Ricky for a massage. But never booked one. Glad now I didn't.

Where as I almost booked Ayden last time he was visiting and glad now I didn't. Masseurs sharing their client's contact information with other masseurs? That's some seriously crazy shit.