Anyone Have DishTV?

Avalon
This topic is 2164 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have for over 20 years. The first box I had became so old they were going to cut my service off unless I got a new one so I did several years ago. But now for several months my satellite has been out align and I can only get a few channels. So I called yesterday and the technician is coming out today.

I can go days, weeks without turning the tv set on because I watch online with Hulu, CBS All Access and Netflix. But because my DishTV box is so old I can not access Dish Anywhere. So today I'm getting a new box so I can watch DishTV online. I'll also have the Hopper.

Some of the other channels I watch online like the USA Network demand that I have a service provider. Thus although because the satellite is out align I can't watch it on tv I can online.

But DishTV is expensive! My monthly bill will now be $172.66 per month!

Too bad you didn't mention your situation earlier. This thread may have provided some alternative guidance:

https://m4m-forum.org/threads/cutting-the-cord-cable-tv-that-is.110464/

@Avalon they are setting you up at premium package unless that is bundled with internet. Depending non channels you watch it can be as low as $70 without discounts.

Thanks!

It took him four hours. Nice fellow, 20s. Blond hair and short cropped beard. Both arms heavily tattooed. He had been in the USAF. Got out three months ago. Straight. Lives with his girlfriend of three years. They have four dogs; he showed me pictures of two of the dogs.

If I want the tv set hung on the wall that would be $200. And they have a special sound system also for $200. I declined on both.

But what I want to do is to be able to watch online and for that I have to call DishTV and they will talk me through it.

Thanks!

It took him four hours. Nice fellow, 20s. Blond hair and short cropped beard. Both arms heavily tattooed. He had been in the USAF. Got out three months ago. Straight. Lives with his girlfriend of three years. They have four dogs; he showed me pictures of two of the dogs.

If I want the tv set hung on the wall that would be $200. And they have a special sound system also for $200. I declined on both.

But what I want to do is to be able to watch online and for that I have to call DishTV and they will talk me through it.

thanks for the report on the technician.....you do know that's really all we cared about, don't you??!!

Edited by azdr0710

But DishTV is expensive! My monthly bill will now be $172.66 per month!

That's a lot of money. I have Comcast HD expanded basic as part of our association fee for a little less than $40 a month. Have no choice, it's a bulk rate for all the condos in our building. I recently got Netflix online, that is now $10.99 a month, and am trying out Hulu when they gave me a $5.99 a month rate, but it includes commercials.

I'll be honest, I don't live for TV. Sometimes would rather just sit and read a book.

thanks for the report on the technician.....you do know that's really all we cared about, don't you??!!

I do indeed! ;-))

That's a lot of money. I have Comcast HD expanded basic as part of our association fee for a little less than $40 a month. Have no choice, it's a bulk rate for all the condos in our building. I recently got Netflix online, that is now $10.99 a month, and am trying out Hulu when they gave me a $5.99 a month rate, but it includes commercials.

I'll be honest, I don't live for TV. Sometimes would rather just sit and read a book.

I have Hulu without commercials plus Showtime and pay $20.98 per month.

I pay $9.99 for CBS All Access. No commercials unless I watch it live.

I pay $13.99 for Netflix.

I briefly tried Amazon Prime but didn't care for it.

He had been in the USAF. Got out three months ago. Straight. Lives with his girlfriend of three years. They have four dogs; he showed me pictures of two of the dogs.

Did he volunteer this information? Or did you give him the 3rd degree?

~Boomer~

I want to watch DishTV online and I want every channel that I can get on the tv set but the box I got today can not do that. I need a different box called "Hopper Sling". It will be $5 more per month making $177. 39

I was offered a $20 discount if I made a two year contract but I declined. I can't plan that far ahead.

A technician is going to come tomorrow with the new box. It will not be the one I saw today. He told me that today was his "Friday" and he had chores to do, yard work etc..

So a different tech came out yesterday to install the new box. He was here for several hours. So I went to Dish Anywhere to see if I could now watch the channels there that I get on the tv set. It was no. The tech said it would be several hours for everything to load. I waited. Still a no go. I called Dish and was told it would take 24 hours. But today it wasn't up. I called Dish and was on the phone for several hours with tech support and he had me try a number of different things none of which worked. So he said they would be working on it and to keep trying to access it everyday and if still not working to call back next week.

So a different tech came out yesterday to install the new box. He was here for several hours. So I went to Dish Anywhere to see if I could now watch the channels there that I get on the tv set. It was no. The tech said it would be several hours for everything to load. I waited. Still a no go. I called Dish and was told it would take 24 hours. But today it wasn't up. I called Dish and was on the phone for several hours with tech support and he had me try a number of different things none of which worked. So he said they would be working on it and to keep trying to access it everyday and if still not working to call back next week.

File this under: None of my business, BUT Avalon, you have often written about all the issues in your life. I understand you feel that you are stuck in your house 24/7. This monthly bill you signed up for is way to much. There are less expensive options available.

File this under: None of my business, BUT Avalon, you have often written about all the issues in your life. I understand you feel that you are stuck in your house 24/7. This monthly bill you signed up for is way to much. There are less expensive options available.

I do share alot. Living alone I have no one to talk to. All my friends have moved, died or are worse off than I am. There's an expression "If you don't use it, you'll lose it". I can go days, weeks without talking to another person. Not using my voice when I do talk again often it comes out as a whisper. I have to force myself to increase the volume.

"If you don't use it, you'll lose it

You need to figure out some way for you to get out of the house. It is to easy to fall into the pattern of being a victim. Go somewhere: public park, museum, public library. See if there are any programs where you can read to someone who can't. You need to do something. I am fairly certain that depression is contributing to some part of your health issues.

You need to figure out some way for you to get out of the house. It is to easy to fall into the pattern of being a victim. Go somewhere: public park, museum, public library. See if there are any programs where you can read to someone who can't. You need to do something. I am fairly certain that depression is contributing to some part of your health issues.

Thanks but because of the arthritis in both knees I can barely get around my apartment.

Thanks but because of the arthritis in both knees I can barely get around my apartment.

Apologies Avalon if it was already suggested and you had to reject it for a good reason, but have you considered a mobility scooter?

https://www.spinlife.com/Pride-Travel-Pro-3-Wheel-Travel-Scooter/spec.cfm?productID=91834&adv=googlepla&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=googlepla&default=1&utm_term=&utm_campaign=610148043

They are not cheap, but might give you back some of the old freedom you had.

Apologies Avalon if it was already suggested and you had to reject it for a good reason, but have you considered a mobility scooter?

https://www.spinlife.com/Pride-Travel-Pro-3-Wheel-Travel-Scooter/spec.cfm?productID=91834&adv=googlepla&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=googlepla&default=1&utm_term=&utm_campaign=610148043

They are not cheap, but might give you back some of the old freedom you had.

Thanks! Several years ago in my building there was a woman who had one. The landlord even put up a small ramp so she get in and out of the front door.

I still have not been able to get Dish Anywhere so I can watch online. Last week they told me that they were working on it. So I called back today. I have a Chromebook. The technician called it a pseudo computer and the bottom line is that I can not get Dish Anywhere using it.

However I have been able to sign up for channels like TCM online etc.. Often when I do they ask for my provider info and because I have DishTV I can access them.