Question about Rentmen visit stats

This topic is 2176 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This is just a guess on my part but I would think “Unique “ is the number of individual users who have viewed an ad and “Profile” refers to the number of times that an ad has been viewed or clicked on.

Example: One person views an ad 5 times. Unique visits = 1, Profile visits = 5.

This is simply a guess on my part. By the way, I couldn’t find Unique visits anwhere on a profile ad. Is that part of the profile ad or part of a user’s account statistics?

I copy/pasted this directly from RentMen.. idk if you hadn't seen this, or if their description is what you were having trouble understanding, but I thought I'd throw it into this thread just in case. I really don't mean for this to come off as patronizing or condescending or anything lol, I just thought it'd be a useful to post this in this thread as a reference.

Unique Views

Every time someone visits your profile for the first time he will be counted as a Unique visit. If this person visits your profile again in a short period of time he will then be counted in the Total Views. The same person will be counted again as a Unique visit if he revisits again after at least an hour since his first visit in your profile.

I copy/pasted this directly from RentMen.. idk if you hadn't seen this, or if their description is what you were having trouble understanding, but I thought I'd throw it into this thread just in case. I really don't mean for this to come off as patronizing or condescending or anything lol, I just thought it'd be a useful to post this in this thread as a reference.

On the contrary, it's my bad that I haven't found this before. It's exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

On a side note, something doesn't add up since I see days with no unique visits at all but several totals. Not a big deal but has me wondering.

Edited by Pulgasari1991

On the contrary, it's my bad that I haven't found this before. It's exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

On a side note, something doesn't add up since I see days with no unique visits at all but several totals. Not a big deal but has me wondering.

Yeah to be honest I have seen discrepancies there too and I'm not entirely sure what it means. I tend to just look at the stats page and sorta judge everything off of the total visits, and ignore the unique ones. Both clients and providers are able to like, turn off whether or not it shows up when they visit a profile, so my guess is that if you have that turned off, you show up under total views but not unique views. I have also made the guess that like, people visiting your profile that don't actually have their own profile set up on RM show up as a total view but not as unique. I don't really know to be fair, those are just kinda what I've guessed. Idk if that made any sense haha, I'm not entirely sure how well I described that.

Idk if you're new to RM or not, but personally I just try not to really worry about the stats so much. IMO views don't really mean very much.. what matters is people actually contacting and booking you. I think there's just a level of unpredictable randomness in that sense that you can't really do too much about unfortunately. But I'm still relatively new to everything compared to others on this forum, so I might not be able to give as good of input as others can.