Utopia spa

Guest fm0322

I have not been to LF in years. When I went the nail techs were women and the masseurs all male. I have not seen anything on the forum about LF except questions and no answers. You can always call them and ask.

It is not just that he is not for everyone, it is that Ariel is behaving very, very differently depending on the client. I know that from first hand report, I tried him, my husband just tried him, and I got PMs about him. Day / night - type of differences.

Interesting... I’ve only tried once. Guess I got the day version? I’ll give him another shot and let’s see who shows up.

I agree concerning Ariel.

Super bad experience with Ariel !!!!!! Due to i had very bad experience with Ariel that he didn’t know that much about massage and my back was stiff for few days after it. Just save you money and time.

• 2 weeks later...
One of the posters mentioned a shower room and then having to walk past people in the lobby in your towel. That sounds hot to me. Is the shower room private or is it like a gym shower, where you might end up showering with other people about to get a massage?

It is a private room with a table shower. You lie down naked and the masseur soaps you up and showers you neck to feet.

Guest fm0322
Super bad experience with Ariel !!!!!! Due to i had very bad experience with Ariel that he didn’t know that much about massage and my back was stiff for few days after it. Just save you money and time.

I have a lot of experience at Utopia and know Xiao, the co-owner, over a long time as a client. If I had a bad experience, I would consider going to https://www.utopiaspanyc.com/ and the "Contact Us" and write a message. Probably not a poison pen message, but give the feedback. At a minimum, I have no doubt they want you to have a good massage experience.

Heading to Manhattan on Friday, thinking Utopia will be on my to do list. I know we are limited with what should be discussed on this public board. Can anybody share with me via PM any “above and beyond” experiences with guys there?

I was at Utopia on Friday with the hopes of seeing Simon (for whom I’d been given a Nivea review via PM). Sadly, Friday was his day off. So, I had Andy. As mentioned earlier, he is a nice, younger looking Asian gentleman with a round face whom I found to be very sweet. He smiles with ease and made the experience very enjoyable (30 minuet table shower, 60 minute massage). While I enjoyed it, I’m still hoping to try someone else when I return to NYC.

Guest fm0322
It is not just that he is not for everyone, it is that Ariel is behaving very, very differently depending on the client. I know that from first-hand report, I tried him, my husband just tried him, and I got PMs about him. Day / night - type of differences.

Yesterday was my first massage with Ariel. For me, he was friendly, but quiet, competent massage, and overall a great energy. I've stated before, I'm not a great fan of table showers, but he gave one of the best I've had. He would not be my go-to person, but he was impressive for a first-time massage session.

I've never registered a complaint about Utopia so this is significant. Given my schedule and spur-of-the-moment decisions, I much prefer online scheduling. Twice I attempted to schedule online and the appointment request was not honored. On Yelp, the Utopia site promises a "20-minute response" and that did not happen either. So I made two attempts to schedule sessions and it did not happen. Today I made a point to call.

Yesterday was my first massage with Ariel. For me, he was friendly, but quiet, competent massage, and overall a great energy. I've stated before, I'm not a great fan of table showers, but he gave one of the best I've had. He would not be my go-to person, but he was impressive for a first-time massage session.

I've never registered a complaint about Utopia so this is significant. Given my schedule and spur-of-the-moment decisions, I much prefer online scheduling. Twice I attempted to schedule online and the appointment request was not honored. On Yelp, the Utopia site promises a "20-minute response" and that did not happen either. So I made two attempts to schedule sessions and it did not happen. Today I made a point to call.

y

I emailed a week prior to my visit (12 days ago)

• 11 months later...

The other day I was going to the gym but the 6 line did not appear to be operating; frustrated and missing the "steam" after my workout went to Utopia. I booked a 60 minutes massage and a 30 minutes scrub shower. Was assigned Alan the only one available. I did not know him. Chinese, 26yo, nice face and smile. Gave me a great massage that made me float. A very good XP.

• 2 years later...

Just back from Utopia after a couple of months. I guess the staff changed again . Frank (asian older , great massage) is no longer there. I got Matt this time. Seems latino about 5’7” 20s voluptuous. The massage was decent but he had to answer the reception phone a couple of times . The transaction into sensual was non existent almost mechanical so I had to stop him and ask for more legs massage. He shortened my hr to 50 min and when asked he pretended it was a full hr . I tipped more than I should because i am that kind of customer but i will definitely try someone else next time .

On 7/14/2021 at 2:42 PM, alrajee said:

Has anybody been to Utopia recently? I'll be in NYC this weekend for some fun with friends and I wanted to duck out for a bit and get a massage.

Feel free to send me a private message if that would be better.

I just went and had a massage with the only non asian (Matt). Decent massage but the rest was mechanical at best and he shortened me by 10 min . There were a couple of Asian  masseurs that looked ok. I will try them next time. I believe one is called Danny and the other Andy. There has been a big turnover at Utopia this year so i don’t know any of the guys .

• 8 months later...

I went back to Utopia for the first time since the pandemic. Sad that Alex left NYC but I did try David here back in Feb, I believe he is white from Spain and did an excellent job. Not as fun as Alex, but he did just fine. Two months after, I was told he no longer works there. Sad.

There is a masseur named Alex listed at Utopia now.  I don't know anything at all about him, but I'm eager to give him a try.   Perhaps he's the Alex who was there before.  There used to be an Alex who's from Venezuela at Utopia.  Could this be him?

I tried this place out one time, and that was enough for me. I don't know if folks were just disgruntled that day or if they're always like that, BUT everything & everyone from the receptionist, to the masseur were just TRASH. I ended my session half way through, and bounced.

I agree, this use to be my favorite place. I always had a good quality massages no matter the masseur and everyone was very friendly and welcoming but he most recent two times I've gone have been subpar. I had Danny and he wasn't very friendly and rushed through the massage  and seemed like he just wanted to get it over with. Maybe it's just him but I don't think I'll be back. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2022 at 1:55 PM, beethoven said:

There is a masseur named Alex listed at Utopia now.  I don't know anything at all about him, but I'm eager to give him a try.   Perhaps he's the Alex who was there before.  There used to be an Alex who's from Venezuela at Utopia.  Could this be him?

I tried him. I think he's Dominican, darker than the other Alex. Solid massage I must say. I do miss Venezuelan/Pakistani Alex. I'm in touch with him (he left his number with me before he moved to TX) and every now and again he lets me know when he's in town. There's a new Latin guy named Luca.

I haven't seen Alex listed as a masseur lately.   These guys seem to come and go. I thought Luca was just OK; I was there last week.  However, clients' opinions vary widely, as you know.  He shorted me 10 minutes, which never happened before at Utopia.  That's not the reason for "just OK." however.  He was just OK, imo.