Is there a CL or BP alternative?

MmM
This topic is 2118 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far all I’ve found is doublelist.com, but I have not actually contacted anyone from there or posted an ad myself, so the legitimacy is still to be decided. But it looks like it has potential and the ads reflect “the good old days” on CL and BP, so I’m currently watching it hopefully, just be careful and CYA if you do decide to try it. I’ll try to verify if it’s legit here today by posting an ad and seeing the fakes and flakes vs legitimate contacts. I’ll update when I get some bites to let everyone know my experience.

So far all I’ve found is doublelist.com, but I have not actually contacted anyone from there or posted an ad myself, so the legitimacy is still to be decided. But it looks like it has potential and the ads reflect “the good old days” on CL and BP, so I’m currently watching it hopefully, just be careful and CYA if you do decide to try it. I’ll try to verify if it’s legit here today by posting an ad and seeing the fakes and flakes vs legitimate contacts. I’ll update when I get some bites to let everyone know my experience.

Thank you

I gave it a shot and just posted a simple ad looking for a massage. Didnt say for pay or not. Basically just said I had a long week and could use a good massage. Any takers? It got flagged right away & pulled down. They’re really watching the ads.

I gave it a shot and just posted a simple ad looking for a massage. Didnt say for pay or not. Basically just said I had a long week and could use a good massage. Any takers? It got flagged right away & pulled down. They’re really watching the ads.

I’ve been playing with DoubleList also. I’ve found that the Dating M4M section is more scrutinized than the Casual M4M section. Seems you can get by if you qualify the word “massage” ... stress relief massage, foot massage, free massage, swap massage. Indeed a few old CL posters are sneaking back in...

https://doublelist.com/ads/73431014978.html

And words like touch and rub seem to pass too.

Damn...really is the end of an era. I liked it as well because you could post for other guys that didn't have apps or prifiles on sites and meet with them that way. An easy way to reach tons of people at once.

I posted a similar thread in the Deli section under the title 'Where to go?'

So my experience was about the same. Ads got flagged and I had to play with wording, eventually I got it right, and I got dozens of responses too, it has way more people watching then CL did, probably because people learned what they were missing.

Unfortunately though, only 1 person made an appointment, everyone else just kind of wanted to fuck around through email and have email erotica descriptions of things rather than meet or schedule.

Still, even 1 appointment means people are using it, it’s just deciding if it’s worth spending hours talking to people who have no intention in anything other than the fantasy of hiring and not the reality.

I think I’ll give it a few weeks and try again once all the window shoppers die down and only the people actually looking are using it.

I’ll have to check out bedpage now, I didn’t know about that one.

IMHO, so far bedpage REALLY sucks. Someone posted it here a few weeks ago and I was watching it. Unfortunately, it seems to have very little regulation, so while that may be a good thing in some corners, the Male section is literally overrun with female ads. And some ads don’t even specify whether it’s a male or female. There is no way to flag the ad as wrong category or anything.

All in all, it was a mess.

Anyone notice this little missive on DoubleList?

Due to the recent shutdown of some sites, we have been experiencing an influx of illegal posters on the site. As these posters are trying to find a new place to post, we are working hard 24-7 to permanently remove and block them. Please report any illegal activity to us, and please flag all illegal posts! Thank you. Read our full notice here about the security changes we will be rolling out soon.

Well, one of their new security changes includes requiring you to register and login to read ads!

This shit really torques me.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone notice this little missive on DoubleList?

Due to the recent shutdown of some sites, we have been experiencing an influx of illegal posters on the site. As these posters are trying to find a new place to post, we are working hard 24-7 to permanently remove and block them. Please report any illegal activity to us, and please flag all illegal posts! Thank you. Read our full notice here about the security changes we will be rolling out soon.

Well, one of their new security changes includes requiring you to register and login to read ads!

This shit really torques me.

Oh they verify your phone number to post

Oh they verify your phone number to post

Not only to post, to READ a post (not even reply), too.

This is yet another roadblock. A lot of people will not take the time or want to give up personal info to a new, untested website just to see ads. I’m afraid unless they change this, it’ll go down too.

Not only to post, to READ a post (not even reply), too.

This is yet another roadblock. A lot of people will not take the time or want to give up personal info to a new, untested website just to see ads. I’m afraid unless they change this, it’ll go down too.

Right about that!

You know what I hate, is that people should be able to post looking for a glory hole, a fuck, a suck, blindfold, whatever their fantasy may be. That doesn't mean it is illegal or trafficking or anything of the sort. I used to post on CL looking for a massage, and you'd be surprised by the number of people who would respond - simply looking to give one - no money exchanged. If two people want to find each other for whatever they are into, that should be LEGAL.

I used to post for massages, and the machine would ban my posts even - just because of the word massage. Censorship is among us. As DT would say, SAD!

• 1 month later...