Christopher Street Book Shop NYC (???)

mansniffing
This topic is 6670 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A friend noted the other day that the Christopher Street Book Shop at Christopher and Hudson Street NYC (entrance on Hudson) was boarded up on both the Christopher and Hudson Street sides from the street level to the top of the building. Any word on if they are no longer in business or just remodeling? With the recent closing of Ann Street Entertainment in downtown NYC, I am curious. Thanks.

Man..That Building, or what's left of it...Has been Blocked Off, Boarded Up etc for quite awhile!

The Funny Part was the "Apartment for Rent" Sign Posted on the Hudson St Side of the Building, while it looked like the Building would "Fall Down" any day!

As long as the Long Running and Great Pizza Place across the Street never goes. It was never as Cruise Worthy as the Bookstore, but still in all....Christopher St now is down to Maybe 4 "Original" Businesses from the 70's. Working at TY'S year's ago, I do remember these Streets very well. LOL :7

The building was boarded up because it was falling down. The entire building was evacuated and emergency support was installed last summer. All occupants left with no chance to take any of their belongings, although I have since learned that supervised entrance to regain possessions has been allowed. :-(

Archived