Being sad

Reisr30
This topic is 2200 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have had some great meetings with a couple wonderful companions. Is it normal I usually feel very sad and a bit lonely after the fact? It's almost like the better the time I have with them the sadder I feel afterwards...

I suppose I just need to learn to get used to it.

I have had some great meetings with a couple wonderful companions. Is it normal I usually feel very sad and a bit lonely after the fact? It's almost like the better the time I have with them the sadder I feel afterwards...

That's not uncommon. If it bothers you, you should talk to someone about it. Otherwise, just go with the flow and remind yourself that the feeling won't last.

good to get your feelings out there with us......

the euphoria that comes with the meet anticipation and the meet itself is fantastic......and, yeah, when it's all over (done!), it's a major downer for some......

one suggestion is to keep this as only one of many hobbies/interests/activities that you participate in....keep yourself busy and only occasionally treat yourself to a meet with a provider....go into it with the existing premise that it's only a "fantasy" thing and not really a relationship.....realize it's a fun/short-term thing and will be over at some point.....have some solid things to do right after the meet to divert your feelings......

to be blunt, you may be feeling bad because you don't have a real relationship and, when the provider meet is over, you realize you're back to where you were before.....I don't have a real relationship myself, but I don't want one at this point.....(maybe I'm wrong about this assumption)......

think about what the real reason is for why you're feeling down......

good to get your feelings out there with us......

the euphoria that comes with the meet anticipation and the meet itself is fantastic......and, yeah, when it's all over (done!), it's a major downer for some......

one suggestion is to keep this as only one of many hobbies/interests/activities that you participate in....keep yourself busy and only occasionally treat yourself to a meet with a provider....go into it with the existing premise that it's only a "fantasy" thing and not really a relationship.....realize it's a fun/short-term thing and will be over at some point.....have some solid things to do right after the meet to divert your feelings......

to be blunt, you may be feeling bad because you don't have a real relationship and, when the provider meet is over, you realize you're back to where you were before.....I don't have a real relationship myself, but I don't want one at this point.....(maybe I'm wrong about this assumption)......

think about what the real reason is for why you're feeling down......

This is really helpful; sometimes it's difficult to see the obvious when it's related to yourself. Thank you...

You need friends to do stuff with. Dinners, hikes, movies, just hanging out stuff. I think that's even more important then even having any relationship. Sounds to me like you're in desperate need of that. I get it though. Loneliness is an issue for many of us and it doesn't get easier the older you get.

one suggestion is to keep this as only one of many hobbies/interests/activities that you participate in....keep yourself busy and only occasionally treat yourself to a meet with a provider

You need friends to do stuff with. Dinners, hikes, movies, just hanging out stuff. I think that's even more important then even having any relationship.

Good advice generally speaking but its not so easy for many of us. There is a comfort in sadness, a consistency. And yes you are right, those of you who would say that that is irrational and just an excuse for inaction, but it can be true nonetheless.