Facebook Request

dreamboy13
This topic is 2221 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So I just got and add on Facebook from what seems to be HERO spa.

How did they get my information?

Only way remotely possible is via cell #.

I pay in cash

Have a generic name that I use

And don’t really give any other info out.

Anyone else have this happen? I think it’s super weird.

I pay in cash

Did you google them on the same device that you have Facebook on?

I pay in cash

Did you have your smart phone with you while visiting that place? Facebook and google tracks you at all times. So they know.

Yeah, it is your cell number. If Hero have put your cell number in their phone’s contacts, and given Facebook full access to their contact (which includes you), then Facebook will put you in their list of “people you may know”, because you also have given your cell number to Facebook and you have not not used the privacy settings that hide it under all circumstances.

And no it is not location, just being next to someone on the bus doesn’t mean you know that someone, but giving your number to someone, or calling them, that means you likely know them, so Facebook uses phone numbers, not your gps location on your phone.

Yeah, it is your cell number. If Hero have put your cell number in their phone’s contacts, and given Facebook full access to their contact (which includes you), then Facebook will put you in their list of “people you may know”, because you also have given your cell number to Facebook and you have not not used the privacy settings that hide it under all circumstances.

And no it is not location, just being next to someone on the bus doesn’t mean you know that someone, but giving your number to someone, or calling them, that means you likely know them, so Facebook uses phone numbers, not your gps location on your phone.

That makes the most sense. I’ve gotten many “people you may know” suggestions for a ton of Grindr hookups and tricks and dicks. Haha.

Once it was like a strip of all my priors and I was like “wtf Facebook?!?”

Totally forgot about that so def must be a phone number via FB connection. Creeps.

You can target ads based on where you’ve been. Not sure about sending a friend request... in principle a business can’t send a friend request. You can like it. But the business can’t be your friend.

From Facebook. :

Business Locations targeting

17626078_787065184782885_7501447539682443264_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=d73ab44ea7dac6878cc7677223611852&oe=5B5C36EB

Business Locations targeting allows you to target ads to people near your business's physical locations. (Learn howto upload them.) This type of targeting is only available for the store visits objective.

You can target ads based on where you’ve been. Not sure about sending a friend request... in principle a business can’t send a friend request. You can like it. But the business can’t be your friend.

From Facebook. :

Business Locations targeting

17626078_787065184782885_7501447539682443264_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=d73ab44ea7dac6878cc7677223611852&oe=5B5C36EB

Business Locations targeting allows you to target ads to people near your business's physical locations. (Learn howto upload them.) This type of targeting is only available for the store visits objective.

Oh, sorry everyone, I didn’t read properly, I read add-on, I assumed dreamboy13 meant a friend request, (because I got so many of these, before I hid my number).

Yes, an ad can be based on location, sorry.

I get tons of ads I don’t understand when on holidays abroad.

No no! It was a friend request. “So and so would like to add you as a friend”. It wasn’t a business, it was a person- BUT the actual account itself is for HERO. So could be someone like jimmy (or anyone) having an account on FB but all content is Hero related and has spa images etc. It wasn’t an ad and def not location based.

@Tarte Gogo, I still think you’re spot on!