Golden Dragon

Avalon
This topic is 2265 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=golden dragon

In the recent episode of "Bob's Burgers" Bob's coaching the soccer team the Gold Dragons that his youngest daughter Louise is on.

One girl mentioned her father who had been in the navy and stationed in the Philippines once referenced "golden dragon" but did not explain its meaning.

I was unfamiliar with it.

I didn't see the show but it could also also have a much less innocuous reference.

There are certificates issued for personnel aboard military vessels that cross:

The International Date Line > Domain of the Golden Dragon

The Equator > Shellback Certificate

If you cross the International Dateline right at the Equator there is a Golden Shellback Certificate.

Here is another possible meaning although I certainly don’t know if it has anything to do with the usage in your programs context. The Dragon is the fifth (5th) of the twelve (12) signs of the Chinese Zodiac and thus repeats every twelve (12) years. The Golden Dragon, however, only comes up every sixty (60) years (1940, 2000 and not again until 2060) and is considered a highly desirable year in which to be born. During both 1940 and 2000 Chinese births increased markedly as parents planed the birth of children during those years.