Superstar Live

actor61
This topic is 2240 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I think they should just stop broadcasting these live versions of Broadway shows. They are just dreadful. Last night was another perfect example of overblown production values aimed at a demographic that only responds to volume and spectacle, and really, really awful casting. I just hated every minute of it and got so annoyed when the audience cheered every time a lead hit a high note as though that's the only criteria of good singing. From their infamous production of "The Sound of Music" right up to this disaster, they have set a very low bar. "Peter Pan" was boring and never got off the ground mainly due to the amateurish performances of Alison Williams and Christopher Walken. "The Wiz" looked like a community theatre production choreographed by the local gym teacher. "Hairspray" was dismal and what were they thinking with the terrible narration by Darren Criss? I could go on and on but I'll desist. Let the hating begin!