Massage extras?

azulpalido
This topic is 2237 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hello folks, I was curious if a massage client should specifically ask about extras beforehand (like MT, HE, etc) or is that improper etiquette? I'm confused because I have only had a few massages, and 90% of them had HEs without asking. Then one provider offered a "release" at the end for extra. I didn't understand exactly what he was saying as I was sort of drifting off in a dream state :) so I said sure. The added HE fee was quite high, and I wouldn't have seen this provider if I had known the total cost beforehand as it pushed things into price range of a full service experience (didn't have a full service experience though).

Unfortunately, there's no simple answer to your question. Probably a majority of guys advertising on massagem4m and masseurfinder, and especially on rentmasseur, offer an HE, but some don't under any circumstances, some only for an upcharge, and a few are inconsistent, in the YMMV department and whether it happens seems to depend on his reaction to you. To be sure your expectations are met, first check comments on the guy here, and then if there is any doubt left it is best to ask up front, but while many prefer that so things are clear, a few masseurs are uncomfortable with discussing it by email or even text, so you might get a "no" or he might decline to discuss it even tho it's a standard part of his repertoire.

Hello folks, I was curious if a massage client should specifically ask about extras beforehand (like MT, HE, etc) or is that improper etiquette? I'm confused because I have only had a few massages, and 90% of them had HEs without asking. Then one provider offered a "release" at the end for extra. I didn't understand exactly what he was saying as I was sort of drifting off in a dream state :) so I said sure. The added HE fee was quite high, and I wouldn't have seen this provider if I had known the total cost beforehand as it pushed things into price range of a full service experience (didn't have a full service experience though).

I don’t think I have ever had to ask about HE directly. Here is how I approach it: On first communication I ask about the massage type (erotic), specifically if he offers a full body massage. At this point the provider usually mentions HE (erotic is a big clue!) If not mentioned, if he just responds with ‘yes’ I give him a nudge by asking if he has any specific boundaries I should be aware of. If that doesn’t get us on the same page I try one last time by saying something like “here are the types of things I enjoy...lots of body contact, mutual touching” etc. At this point it is a go/no go decision... Hope that helps!

Edited by FrankR

Well, some masseurs will try to upsell extras but for most it is included in the advertised price. Frankly I think it’s the masseur’s job to make that clear at the time of booking. Bringing it up during the session for me ruins the moment. I’ve experienced it once and declined. Sorry but some providers on RM, MF and Rentmasseur only have a so-so massage skills at best. I don’t think it warrants the price as advertised for the massage so that better includes the extra. Upselling is one of my reasons for not booking another session with a masseur.

Unfortunately the answer to this is harder now with M4M and MF being much more limited in what is said in the ad and the reviews. At least before you could read between the lines and even get hints from the reviews.

Some masseurs are hesitant to talk about this over phone or text. I had one person who turned me down for asking saying he is not the right guy but though he does get erotic but it seems only with establish clients.