Switter - “free online community for sex workers”

WmClarke
This topic is 2236 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There is a new censorship free online community for sex workers called Switter. Jesse Jackman mentioned it on Facebook. You can follow him at

https://switter.at/@jessejackman after you sign up.

I signed up using my browser, then downloaded he Tootle for Mastodon app for iPhone. (It’s the switter.at domain when you set up the app.)

About 11 hours ago, they posted that

Switter has done 13,591,935 requests since its launch ~4 days ago.

Appears to be based in Australia.

Here’s hoping it takes off.

I joined, out of curiosity. (I'm a client, not a sex worker, but I'm of course assuming that the site might be beneficial for clients too, and that we can all help each other as one community.)

Problem is, I have no idea on earth how to use this site, or even what it does or is supposed to do. I get that "switter" is clearly a play on "twitter," but the interface of the site seems to have all sorts of bells and whistles that do nothing but confuse me. I hope that as the site really gets off the ground it will become more self evident how to use it. In the meantime I wish it well, and I'll check in now and then to see if it develops into something that even a "computer illiterate" can use lol.

Yeah.

They’re still developing the interface. For example, I get a notification that someone wants to follow me. But I can’t easily find them to look at their profile. And the request to follow comes in an email and the link opens a browser window, not the app.