My New Guilty TV Pleasure

This topic is 2256 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I don’t watch a lot of TV anymore. If you had told me that in my twenties or thirties, I would have said you were crazy. But somewhere in my forties I started watching less. I think it was a combo of being so tired from work and deciding to read which I had always done anyway.

Then what really consolidated this move away from TV, about 7 years ago I moved to the outskirts of a large city. I wanted to get cable. After they kept me on the phone for an hour which I didn’t have to place the order, they said it couldn’t be installed for a week when my only free time to have it installed was going to be in the next three days. Actually they could have installed cable and Internet, but not VoIP. VoIP needed, by law they said, a 7 day wait time. However just going ahead getting cable and Internet only was going to cost me more than the bundled cable, Internet, and VoIP. I wasn’t willing to pay more for two services than I would for three. So I never got cable, and I used a portable hotspot for Internet.

Since then the most TV I’ve watched is only when back home visiting my Mom. I watch some shows occasionally on my computer or phone, but very little. My Mom and I end up watching a lot of the reality cooking shows as well as other things.

Well the other day I saw a show advertised while I was online. And now I’ve found the show on the Hulu Service.

The show is MasterChef Junior. All I can say is these children are only 8 or maybe 9 to 13. And they are incredible!!

Gman

I don’t watch a lot of TV anymore. If you had told me that in my twenties or thirties, I would have said you were crazy. But somewhere in my forties I started watching less. I think it was a combo of being so tired from work and deciding to read which I had always done anyway.

Then what really consolidated this move away from TV, about 7 years ago I moved to the outskirts of a large city. I wanted to get cable. After they kept me on the phone for an hour which I didn’t have to place the order, they said it couldn’t be installed for a week when my only free time to have it installed was going to be in the next three days. Actually they could have installed cable and Internet, but not VoIP. VoIP needed, by law they said, a 7 day wait time. However just going ahead getting cable and Internet only was going to cost me more than the bundled cable, Internet, and VoIP. I wasn’t willing to pay more for two services than I would for three. So I never got cable, and I used a portable hotspot for Internet.

Since then the most TV I’ve watched is only when back home visiting my Mom. I watch some shows occasionally on my computer or phone, but very little. My Mom and I end up watching a lot of the reality cooking shows as well as other things.

Well the other day I saw a show advertised while I was online. And now I’ve found the show on the Hulu Service.

The show is MasterChef Junior. All I can say is these children are only 8 or maybe 9 to 13. And they are incredible!!

Gman

I like most of Gordon Ramsay shows. I started watching "MasterChef Junior" several seasons ago. I wanted to see if Gordon could go without swearing. The new season began last Friday (2 March).

Edited by Avalon